What's new

What TV series you watching?

Loved Mindhunter. Manhunt: Unabomber is another good one. Agree with you about Sackhoff. Not a beauty in the classic sense, more of a homespun-type I guess you'd say. Still . . . she does inspire silliness among the male set.

I was trying to think of other actresses who have a similar appeal to Katee S--as in not classically good looking, but very appealing/sexy. Elisabeth Moss sort of comes to mind. Chloe Sevigny, too. Maybe Gillian Anderson. Maybe Mireille Enos. Maybe Kathleen Turner back in the day, but that may be a stretch. Looks are relative, too. I get the feeling that if one saw any of these folks on the street, they might seem quite stunning. Not of them seem to appeal to me in exactly the same way Katee does, and she would be my favorite. Chole probably second, but she has a very different vibe. Assuredly not home-spun.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Only book I have ever thrown in the trash . . . Margaret Atwood is a hack.

No idea about the book. Season 1 ended where the book finished. Seasons 2 and 3 I think are maybe better than the first but the show overall is really well made. High production values, great writing, acting, directing and the cinematography is outstanding. Season 3 just finished.

I've started Hannibal again but its a bit heavy after watching The Leftovers. I'll be starting season 2 of Mindhunter tonight.

That’s great news. The first time I tried it I wasn’t impressed and stopped watching. Several months later I was laid up for a while and gave it another go. Loved it. I’m weird.

Show on HBO now. Our Boys. Set in Jerusalem. It’s subtitled as its in Hewbrew and Arabic. It doesn’t bother me but I know it does some.
The acting is superb.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Show on HBO now. Our Boys. Set in Jerusalem. It’s subtitled as its in Hewbrew and Arabic. It doesn’t bother me but I know it does some.
The acting is superb.

Your mention of that reminded me of this.

Its a 3 episode Indian web series in Hindi with English subtitles. Its good too.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Season 1 of this just finished. Its worth watching.

City on a Hill (TV Series 2019– ) - IMDb

Season 2 of Mindhunter was good. Season 3 should be good too. Its a shame they didnt include Robert Ressler as a character. Damon Herriman, the actor that portrayed Charles Manson and whoever wrote his part should be nominated for an Emmy it was so good. He also plays Charles Manson in the new Tarantino movie, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

How Mindhunter & Once Upon A Time In Hollywood Have The Same Charles Manson Actor

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Season 1 of this just finished. Its worth watching.

City on a Hill (TV Series 2019– ) - IMDb

Season 2 of Mindhunter was good. Season 3 should be good too. Its a shame they didnt include Robert Ressler as a character. Damon Herriman, the actor that portrayed Charles Manson and whoever wrote his part should be nominated for an Emmy it was so good. He also plays Charles Manson in the new Tarantino movie, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

How Mindhunter & Once Upon A Time In Hollywood Have The Same Charles Manson Actor

We haven't finished season 2 of MH yet but man, that episode with Manson, I agree whole heartedly. Top notch scene!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
We haven't finished season 2 of MH yet but man, that episode with Manson, I agree whole heartedly. Top notch scene!

Yeah thats about as good as it gets. Its a shame it was so short. Even in that short length of time, you can see and understand so much. I found myself rewatching that scene just to digest how well he captured Charlie. I'll watch Tarantino's movie for his portrayal alone.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I thought, Bill Tench is the TV alter ego of Ressler, whereas Ford is that of Douglas.

None the less, the season was really great, and the scenes with Manson where just amazing!

Looking forward to season 3.

I think Bill Tench is meant to have that position, but hes nothing like Ressler.

Season 2 was good enough to make me rewatch season 1. I forgot they were teasing about BTK last year. In Season 2, on the board in the office space they have, is a picture of John Wayne Gacy.

9ddwnxpx88h31.jpg

This show has the markings of a very good series.

I noticed the Gacy pic, as well. Not finished it yet, but enjoying it immensely. Not sure how I feel about the constant BTK teasers, though. As I recall they did not do one every episode in S1, did they?

Also, Wu Assassins was pretty good, but the ending left me wondering about it's future. I'm guessing that will be true of most Netflix shows.

Recently finished watching the last three episodes of season 3 of "The Handmaid's Tale" I had saved up on the DVR.
Glad to read they've approved a season 4.

Starting to watch "Dark" on Netflix. It's a bit hard to keep track of the many characters in the different time periods.

Top Bottom