What's new

What TV series you watching?

shavefan

I’m not a fan
We started Another Life on NFLX this evening. We're midway through episode 3 and I'm not sure if we can last much longer. Acting is meh, character development is near zilch, production quality is meh, implausible scenarios, cliched scenarios, behaviors/decisions/actions seem odd for highly trained astronauts (more like club kids), the amount of drama seems over the top.

On a positive note, Katee sure is easy on the eyes. Apparently running around in your underwear in space is a thing.

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Anyone watching Yellowstone on the Paramount channel? Directed and written by Taylor Sheridan. Kevin Costner, Cole Hauser (who is amazing) and Kelly Reilly (giggedy).

Thats one of my favorite shows right now. Kelly Reilly is awesome in it.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I have the last two episodes of this left to watch.

The Leftovers (TV Series 2014–2017) - IMDb

I tried it when it was on TV but waiting a week between episodes it didnt grab me. Binge watching it however, did. I think its one of, if not the best, shows I've seen. Its fantastic.

@BigFoot. If you havent seen this Scott, you might really like it. Its profoundly deep.

I watched (re-re-re-watched) 3 episodes of Two and a Half Men on the plane home from Jakarta last night (fourth series). Notwithstanding Charlie Sheen's many issues, I still laugh out loud at the programme, which probably makes me a bad person.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Stated The Boys (NFLX) last night. Superheroes gone all social media and corrupt. Interesting. Enjoyed the first 2 episodes...

We started Another Life on NFLX this evening. We're midway through episode 3 and I'm not sure if we can last much longer. Acting is meh, character development is near zilch, production quality is meh, implausible scenarios, cliched scenarios, behaviors/decisions/actions seem odd for highly trained astronauts (more like club kids), the amount of drama seems over the top.

On a positive note, Katee sure is easy on the eyes. Apparently running around in your underwear in space is a thing.
I got an episode or two further before bogging down.

I am now watching Wu Assassin, which co-stars the absolutely fabulous Katheryn Winnick. Very 70's Kung Fu flick vibe so far.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Finished it this past weekend, we enjoyed it too. Russel Crow, great acting.

Yeah thats a really good show and I think his best work. I read an article about the show in Time magazine. They said he "disappeared into the part". Wow, did he ever.

No access to the Paramount network in my neck of the woods. But I love aging Costner, so getting a "box" going is high on my list of things to do.

My cable company doesnt offer Paramount Network either.

My wife recently signed up for Hulu to binge on Mom when I'm not in the room. My favorite show when my wife isn't in the room is Dr. Pol. Together we've been rewatching New Tricks from the beginning on Hulu. We always enjoyed the show on PBS (until the last season or two), but our other Brit streaming services don't carry it. So far, I haven't found anything else on Hulu worth watching, but the older I get the more I hate everything about everything.

Mindhunter on netflix.
A pretty interesting story about 1970’s fbi starting a unit profiling serial killers. 1st episode has a graphic scene of suicide, so be warned.

Mindhunter on netflix.
A pretty interesting story about 1970’s fbi starting a unit profiling serial killers. 1st episode has a graphic scene of suicide, so be warned.
Good series.

I watched a bunch more Another Life. It really is bad. I feel sorry for Katee. Interesting concept that she is easy on the eyes. I adore her but she is far from a classic beauty. A very appealing actress. Sorry she ended up in this mare's nest of a series.

Good series.

I watched a bunch more Another Life. It really is bad. I feel sorry for Katee. Interesting concept that she is easy on the eyes. I adore her but she is far from a classic beauty. A very appealing actress. Sorry she ended up in this mare's nest of a series.

Loved Mindhunter. Manhunt: Unabomber is another good one. Agree with you about Sackhoff. Not a beauty in the classic sense, more of a homespun-type I guess you'd say. Still . . . she does inspire silliness among the male set.

Top Bottom