What's new

What TV series you watching?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
watched 1899 and now i am half through the second season of dark. to be honest i would not feel bad if i had not watched either show. this kind tv shows really are not my thing, i am not into scifi either. i know i might be an odd guy.....like my uk crime shows much more.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
We were watching Doc Martin. Now we are watching Vanity Fair. Both are excellent in our assessment. Watching Vanity Fair is an improvement on reading it in Ms. Ringler, Ms. Goslee, and Ms. Levy's Early British Novel class in 1969.

watched 1899 and now i am half through the second season of dark. to be honest i would not feel bad if i had not watched either show. this kind tv shows really are not my thing, i am not into scifi either. i know i might be an odd guy.....like my uk crime shows much more.
It's important to know what you like, and nothing wrong with whatever that is. There's probably TOO much stuff these days that I could be into. As well as older stuff that I think I'd enjoy if given the time. Filtering it all appropriately to determine what actually gets my time is the challenge.

We were watching Doc Martin.

My wife and I have been watching the final season of Doc Martin. We were surprised to see him treat a POTS patient in Ep 2 or 3. Our daughter living down south was diagnosed with it after long Covid. It's almost 2 years now, and she hasn't found a doctor as able to treat it as easily as Doc Martin indicated in that episode.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
UK crime shows are the best. Recently finished watching Vera from season 1 to present again. Being old and forgetful does have an upside. You might want to check out MHz - all continental European and excellent - beautifully subtitled. US tv is greatly lacking by comparison.

UK crime shows are the best. Recently finished watching Vera from season 1 to present again. Being old and forgetful does have an upside. You might want to check out MHz - all continental European and excellent - beautifully subtitled. US tv is greatly lacking by comparison.

UK, Aussie & NZ crime shows (Britbox/Acorn) are the best. Although we have Fios and movie channels, 99% of our night-time viewing is on Acorn & Britbox. Brokenwood Mysteries, alone, is worth signing up on Acorn for a month or so just to binge on.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
UK, Aussie & NZ crime shows (Britbox/Acorn) are the best. Although we have Fios and movie channels, 99% of our night-time viewing is on Acorn & Britbox. Brokenwood Mysteries, alone, is worth signing up on Acorn for a month or so just to binge on.
Our three primary apps are Acorn. Britbox and MHz with the occasional Masterpiece thrown in. I've been anxiously waiting for the next season of "Happy Valley". It appears to have been released in the UK but not yet in the US.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
My wife and I have been watching the final season of Doc Martin. We were surprised to see him treat a POTS patient in Ep 2 or 3. Our daughter living down south was diagnosed with it after long Covid. It's almost 2 years now, and she hasn't found a doctor as able to treat it as easily as Doc Martin indicated in that episode.
His medical abilities are clearly best suited to scripted solutions. He is SO different in Vanity Fair.

His medical abilities are clearly best suited to scripted solutions. He is SO different in Vanity Fair.
I was kind of shocked the first time I saw him (Martin Clunes) in an interview after only ever having seen him in Doc Martin. He was friendly, smiling and laughing and so different from the stern TV character!

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Lucifer. Netflix.
Never thought I'd like it.l, but I'm most of the way through season 1.

Primeval: New World, free on amazon prime. It appears to be a 13 ep Canadian TV spin-off of a British series, about dinosaurs popping into our world through portals that randomly appear and disappear. Special effects were better than expected, and actors weren't as annoying as most. I watched two episodes while my wife was in the other room doing Christmas-y things. Not something my wife would watch, but I'll continue watching when she's not around.

Found the entire Cannon series on YouTube. I am really enjoying it. I loved it when it was first on but haven't seen it since.

Top Bottom