What's new

What TV series you watching?

Finished The English, The Crown, Great British Baking Show + both holiday shows. Current rotation includes 1899, White Lotus, Peripheral, Glitch, Midnight Diner + Tokyo Stories, and just started Wednesday. May dig back and finish Taco Chronicles as I see they've just added Taco Chronicles: Cross the Border.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I binged 1899 in two days and really enjoyed it. The sets were awesome and they really got the tone and look right for the story. This is one of those shows that once it is over, you kind of want to re-watch it once you know the ending.
That's good to know. I've been a tad concerned that it would end like "Lost".

Has anyone watched Let The Right One In on Showtime? I enjoyed the book as well as both movie versions but after having watched the first episode of the series I don't know if I want to continue past that. The girl seems more Dora the explorer than a feral vampire. The boy is very positive and friendly but neither really conveys the deep hurt and loneliness that drew them together like the other iterations do. This series doesn't have much of a dark vibe to it despite the subject matter. Does the series get better?

I hate how they are doing the streaming of it. But at least when it’s out on streaming I can binge watch it. 1883(?) was pretty damn good IMO. Kinda sets high hopes for 1923.
They way they are doing it totally sucks for the consumer. Old episodes on Peacock, new Yellowstone on Paramount, 1923 on Paramount Plus. We need to subscribe to 3 different channels to see the entire series.
Truth be known, I preferred 1883 to Yellowstone. I prefer the old cowboy programs. However, Beth on Yellowstone… 😍🥰😘

Finished Andor. Really enjoyed that one! I can't wait for Mando's next season.

Probably going to start Stranger Things S4 next. I know I'm behind - the life of a Dad.

Wednesday on Netflix. I think I liked this show despite itself. I thought Jenna Ortega was excellent. I get the point of Wednesday's character but her relentless deadpan delivery and negativity get a bit tiring. I thought both Gomez and Morticia were miscast. They had no chemistry which made their relationship unbelievable. I'm still not sure they got the tone of the family right. Morticia seemed a bit too sunny and her decolletage demanded as much if not more attention than the character. Gomez and Pugsly were forgettable. I still don't understand why Fester appeared other than to pointlessly inject his character into the show but he did make Wednesday smile which was a welcome change to her demeanor. I enjoyed the whole mystery story and the other supporting characters were pretty strong. I loved Enid and wish I had someone with that smile and positive energy in my life! It was a light, YA type of show that was enjoyable overall.

Wednesday on Netflix. I think I liked this show despite itself. I thought Jenna Ortega was excellent. I get the point of Wednesday's character but her relentless deadpan delivery and negativity get a bit tiring. I thought both Gomez and Morticia were miscast. They had no chemistry which made their relationship unbelievable. I'm still not sure they got the tone of the family right. Morticia seemed a bit too sunny and her decolletage demanded as much if not more attention than the character. Gomez and Pugsly were forgettable. I still don't understand why Fester appeared other than to pointlessly inject his character into the show but he did make Wednesday smile which was a welcome change to her demeanor. I enjoyed the whole mystery story and the other supporting characters were pretty strong. I loved Enid and wish I had someone with that smile and positive energy in my life! It was a light, YA type of show that was enjoyable overall.
I hear what you are saying on every point, and I am not sure how many episodes we are in, so maybe I can't address tiring, but I really like this show. I like your framing of it as light YA. I find I really like YA these days for lots of reasons. Very entertaining and appealing to me.

Top Bottom