What's new

What TV series you watching?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I am watching 'Hawkeye and the Last of the Mohicans' from 1957 with John Hart and Lon Chaney Jr. For a show of this type, the clothing, characters, weapons, and sets seem surprisingly authentic. The fight scenes are well staged and realistic, and it is filmed in great outdoor locations in Canada. Excellent 👍

hawkeye_and_the_last_of_the_mohicans_ca.jpg

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier I really liked it , entertaining
I love the Marvel Studios mini-series. I consider Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and WandaVision, the best. What If, and Hawkeye are still solid though. I haven't watched Moon Knight yet, that's next up. (I haven't seen Marvel's Defenders or Agent of Shield: Slingshot yet, but they aren't part of the 'Studio' set up).

I love the Marvel Studios mini-series. I consider Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and WandaVision, the best. What If, and Hawkeye are still solid though. I haven't watched Moon Knight yet, that's next up. (I haven't seen Marvel's Defenders or Agent of Shield: Slingshot yet, but they aren't part of the 'Studio' set up).
What is Agents of Shield Slingshot? I watched AoS, but don't recall Slingshot.
Defenders was ok. I really liked MoonKnight. Mostly for the Egyptian stuff though. I'm still looking for other Egyptian based stuff to watch/read. Started SG1, but not sure I can get into it yet. May give it another couple of episodes to see.

What is Agents of Shield Slingshot? I watched AoS, but don't recall Slingshot.
Defenders was ok. I really liked MoonKnight. Mostly for the Egyptian stuff though. I'm still looking for other Egyptian based stuff to watch/read. Started SG1, but not sure I can get into it yet. May give it another couple of episodes to see.
Slingshot came out as a 6 episode miniseries, one year before The Defenders. I have both, just haven't got around to them. Slingshot is a story focusing on Yo-yo. I'm mostly wanting to watch both in 'completionist'/'probably somewhat enjoyable' way, because both are also fairly short, self-contained vehicles. Around the same time, tv series, not mini series, like Luke Cage, Agent Carter, and Jessica Jones were happening, though some didn't last long. Moon Knight, is actually up next. I'm generally interested, but one of the housemates is really big on it. Hoping to start it soon.

I saw some SG1, an episode here and there, but I don't have a TV (I have a TV, but not set up to watch any stations/streaming), and so lots of my viewing habits depended on where I was living, what friends were watching stuff, how busy I was etc. I liked it, I'd probably like it now, but I'm already drowning in shows, and don't want to start something I'll likely not end up finishing. There are a lot of good shows out there, old and new, (and movies), but I have to draw the line somewhere.

I can't think of Egyptian stuff off my head, but IMDB searches are sort of helpful, they can be too broad, or narrow, in ways that mean sometimes you have to scan through several hundred results, or, you narrow it down, and it filters out the things you're looking for. This is a link to my search just on 'Egypt' which had over 500 hits, but you can add on sub filters. You could also do a main search on 'Egyptian' that has under 200. It can be good, or bad, depending on what you are looking for, but it includes everything but the kitchen sink. If a movie mentions Egypt in the most passing or non essential way, it'll still show up in the results.

If you're not familiar, you go to the top search line on IMDB. To the immediate left of the box, is 'All', and a dropdown arrow. If you drop down, you get to choose 'Keyword'.

IMDB results for keyword "Egypt"

I just caught up with what's been released of season 4 of Stranger Things. So much time has passed since season 3 I couldn't really remember what was going on in this show. I don't know that I'm that much more enlightened after watching season 4. The show is good enough that I will keep watching but for me doesn't qualify as a compelling or great show. I don't know if it was intentional or not but certain elements of some episodes gave me a Goonies and E.T. vibe.

I just finished The Offer. A couple of things drove me nuts. First was Giovanni Ribisi's interpretation of Joe Columbo. The acting was was fine but the voice was so growly and gravel-like it sounded like a parody. I looked up some videos of Joe Columbo speaking and he didn't sound like that so I don't understand that acting choice or that the director allowed such a choice. The other was the portrayal of Al Pacino. The actor played him so small and inward. His posture was always a hollowed chest and he would always be looking down. It was almost neurotic. And the voice was always so quiet and sounded like Adam Sandler doing one of his characters. Aside from that, I really enjoyed it. I thought Miles Teller as Al Ruddy, Judy Temple as Bettye and Matthew Goode as Bob Evans were all excellent. It was a good story and makes one wonder how movies ever get made.

Barry. Caught up on the first 2 seasons before watching the next one. Sometimes I wish they'd stop before flushing out additional seasons.. 3rd season is bad. Gets away from what made the first 2 seasons good. Did not like season 3 at all.

Top Bottom