What's new

What TV series you watching?

Legion

Staff member
Richard Hammond's Workshop.

Basically Hammond took a look at Clarkson's Farm, and decided to get himself a day job and make it into a show as well. Easy, light entertainment.

Reactions: Anu

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Just finished season 1 of The Blacklist (2013). Unsavory characters and uncomfortable violence is offset by interesting plot twists and James Spader’s crisp portrayal.

Synopsis: The show follows Raymond "Red" Reddington (Spader), a former U.S. Navy officer turned high-profile criminal who voluntarily surrenders to the FBI after eluding capture for decades. He offers a list of the world’s most dangerous criminals, and is willing to inform on their operations in exchange for immunity. However, he insists on working exclusively with rookie FBI profiler Elizabeth Keen (Megan Boone).

Highly recommended. Seasons 1-8 streaming on Netflix U.S., season 9 airing on NBC.

5E72FD3E-8830-4F30-83B1-FA045B9C303C.jpegCDB78FA1-47A5-4A12-84AA-E4E28E704931.jpeg

Just finished season 1 of The Blacklist (2013). Unsavory characters and uncomfortable violence is offset by interesting plot twists and James Spader’s crisp portrayal.

Synopsis: The show follows Raymond "Red" Reddington (Spader), a former U.S. Navy officer turned high-profile criminal who voluntarily surrenders to the FBI after eluding capture for decades. He offers a list of the world’s most dangerous criminals, and is willing to inform on their operations in exchange for immunity. However, he insists on working exclusively with rookie FBI profiler Elizabeth Keen (Megan Boone).

Highly recommended. Seasons 1-8 streaming on Netflix U.S., season 9 airing on NBC.

View attachment 1353511View attachment 1353513
The Blacklist is my number 1. There's even a few good shaving scenes throughout the series. Season 9 just started last Thursday.

Foundation, or I was up until the last episode.

"Potential spoilers below"

I've been ambivalent about Apple TV's "Foundation" but had to give it a go seeing how much I love the books.
Gender swapping the roles? Heck, yeah - Asimov couldn't write a decent female character if his life depended on it.
Introduce backstories and other details to flesh out the characters? Awesome!
Change the means of interstellar travel? Umm, k, let's see where you're going with it.
Change the nature of the vault? Nope, didn't like that at all..
Introduce technology that didn't exist in the books for several centuries? umm, lets see where this goes.
Move plot elements around? Same.
Blatantly violate the Three Laws of Robotics? Deal breaker
The very idea that a robot could be knowingly turned into an assassin is antithetical to the three laws. Asimov created the three laws because he was sick and tired of "killer robot" stories.

I just finished the final season of Shameless. I had a love/hate relationship with this show but perhaps that was by design. I probably hated all of the main characters at one time or another. Of all the characters story arcs I think I ended up hating Debbie the most. She started out very likeable and was somewhat the moral center of the show early on but as the seasons progressed she became more and more unbearable. By the last couple of seasons I was fast forwarding any time I saw her face on the screen. I still don't think I missed anything by doing so. William Macy was excellent in his role.

Top Bottom