What's new

What TV series you watching?

Finished Season Two of Cobra Kai and started watching Swedish Dicks on Netflix.

I've also finally got round to watching the Last Dance about the Chicago Bulls

(2021) Foundation Just finished ep. 4, last aired one and awaiting for ep. 5. Has some potential, albeit the somewhat impossible to screen source material.

Sex Education had a good first season, but the second is not off to a good start to me.
I guess we are on S2 E5 in Sex Education and it seems to have picked up quite a bit. Not as good as the first season, although I would watch past S1 E1 to see if one likes the first season, which I thought was quite good--but still worth watching.

I am amazed to find that Otis' mother is played by Gillian Anderson! She must have lost 30 lbs. She looks different to me. I have always liked her an actress and she does a good job in this series.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Started to watch ”Coastal Walks” with Michael Portillo. It has just started on SBS out here in Australia. I like watching these types of shows as it shows the beautiful countryside of the country involved.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Struggling thru the last season of the flash. We dropped off on the series some time ago. It’s terrible. Almost unwatchable.

Tried watching See.

I got as far as S01E02 where the blind guy fights off a grizzly and doesn't get a scratch. I'm all about the willing suspension of disbelief, I worked in live theatre long enough to know that's a requirement, but there's a limit to my willingness.

I just finished the first 5 seasons of Peaky Blinders. It looks like I'll have to wait until April or May of next year before season 6 reaches Netflix. I'm enjoying it but it's often stylish and effected to a fault. I'm wondering how many times we need to see the characters walking in slow motion directly at the camera often accompanied by unexplainable bursts of flames or showers of sparks. Characters often pose rather than stand or hold themselves casually. The "Peaky Blinders" third person self references kind of drive me nuts. I couldn't help but be alarmed when I realized how closely the fascist party plot line in season 5 reflects what's going on in our political climate this very day. I think I've developed an ulcer, cirrhosis of the liver and emphysema just watching the constant smoking and alcohol consumption! :laugh: The season 5 finale was excellent leaving a lot of cliff hangers.

Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
The 1970 Gerry Anderson series 'UFO' starring Ed Bishop. I have seen this before but forgotten just how great it is - it is superb! The storylines, the fashions, the cars, the interior decor, the hairstyles, I love everything about it. Surely the best Gerry Anderson series and far superior to Space 1999. What a shame there was only one series.

Top Bottom