What's new

What Tobacco Are You Trying For The First Time?

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
G. L. Pease Lombard.

For me this is a nice and mild VaPer. Nothing extraordinary but heck it was enjoyable.

Lombard_.jpg

Had my first bowl of Luxury Twist Flake. Very enjoyable, though I don't think I'm ever going to be a Virginia kind of guy. It needed more "chunkiness".

First bowl of Sun Bear, I am impressed. Glad I bought two tins.

Very floral in a wonderful way, love the tin note, room note and it's smoking very smoothly.
proxy.php

Sun Bear. Me too. I ran into some in my "local" B&M (a four hour drive) while in town for a meeting. Picked up four tins. I smoked to bowls on the drive home. A nice spicy Virginia blend with a hint of sweetness. It is aptly named.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I enjoyed some Quiet Nights last night and had another go tonight. This tobacco is fairly moist when the tin is just opened. (What is up with the 2oz sectioning?) In any case I've discovered the Savinelli balsa filters don't cooperate with dampness very well. I think this is the third time in a year where the filter has swelled to the point of making the draw far too hard.

Going forward this and a couple other tobaccos will be smoked in the pipes with no filters or carbon filters.

A pipefull of MacBaren’s Scottish Mixture after planting some shrubs and trees. Nice blend. Sweet and nutty with notes of caramel.
398B511E-3C36-415C-B24E-5110D5663678.jpeg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Have been sitting on 10 tins of Escudo for two years now. What is a good/decent age before popping a tin and trying it for the first time?

Top Bottom