What Tobacco Are You Trying For The First Time?

Discussion in 'The Brown Leaf' started by nortac, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Alacrity59

Alacrity59 Moderator Emeritus

G. L. Pease Lombard.

For me this is a nice and mild VaPer. Nothing extraordinary but heck it was enjoyable.

Lombard_.jpg

2. Riff Raff

Riff Raff Contributor

The majority of Greg's blends are wonderful. Some okay, still others (very few) I will pass on. But most, at least in my experience, have been outstanding.

3. Trinidad Espiritu is the one.

4. Last night I had some Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky.

5. poorboy

poorboy Contributor

Just finished my first bowl of Balkan Sasieni

6. Just finished some Captain Black Black Seas. Was a decent smoke too.

7. poorboy

poorboy Contributor

Working on some MacBaren ODF right now.

8. Had my first bowl of Luxury Twist Flake. Very enjoyable, though I don't think I'm ever going to be a Virginia kind of guy. It needed more "chunkiness".

9. First bowl of Sun Bear, I am impressed. Glad I bought two tins.

Very floral in a wonderful way, love the tin note, room note and it's smoking very smoothly. [​IMG]

10. Sun Bear. Me too. I ran into some in my "local" B&M (a four hour drive) while in town for a meeting. Picked up four tins. I smoked to bowls on the drive home. A nice spicy Virginia blend with a hint of sweetness. It is aptly named.

11. First time with some Macbaren HH Old Dark Fired. Pretty tasty. 3A9723AC-8990-4880-AE91-009437672643.jpeg

12. Kentos

Kentos Moderator Emeritus

It’s one of my favs too. Their ready ribbed is a bit cheaper but never tried it.

13. Alacrity59

I enjoyed some Quiet Nights last night and had another go tonight. This tobacco is fairly moist when the tin is just opened. (What is up with the 2oz sectioning?) In any case I've discovered the Savinelli balsa filters don't cooperate with dampness very well. I think this is the third time in a year where the filter has swelled to the point of making the draw far too hard.

Going forward this and a couple other tobaccos will be smoked in the pipes with no filters or carbon filters.

14. Sorry, it’s the ready rubbed that I got. Couldn’t resist a sale from SP on MacBaren bulk. I might buy some more while it’s still on sale.

15. Kentos

Kentos Moderator Emeritus

It’s a steal with that discount!

16. Alacrity59

Brief pause. Filter out and happy face.

Quiet Night-212455.jpg

17. A pipefull of MacBaren’s Scottish Mixture after planting some shrubs and trees. Nice blend. Sweet and nutty with notes of caramel. 398B511E-3C36-415C-B24E-5110D5663678.jpeg

18. Shave_Rat

Shave_Rat Moderator

One of my favorite lightly aromatic topped blends.

19. Have been sitting on 10 tins of Escudo for two years now. What is a good/decent age before popping a tin and trying it for the first time?

20. Buy two more, pop one fresh and one of the 2 year olds. This way you stil have 10 in the cellar, and two to smoke now!