What's new

What to buy next?!?

So my small collection of shaving creams/soaps now consists of the T&H 1805 SC, T&H Soap, and samples of C&E nomad and almond sc (also have a tub of menscience brushless which I think is pretty good). I liked the nomad but after only one shave was underwhelmed with the almond (didn't get a very slick lather at all). That said, I will give it another shot or two. My question deals with what'd be best to add to complete a "small" collection. I have been pondering the Taylors Avacado cream, QED Rose soap, L'occitane soap, and nancy boy cream. I know that many of you will say to get all of them, but I'm not wanting to spend another hundred bucks right now. I was thinking of trying two and then later picking up the other two. Any recommendations on which way to fly first?

In case anyone asks, about my routine: I usually wash with menscience daily fash wash morning and night. I also substitute with the scrub every two or three days. I always follow up with a small amount of their moisturizer. In regards to my skin, I feel like my skin is fairly prone to breaking out and getting ingrowns, esp. if going against the grain (that begs another question as to if any of you all used to have problems with ingrowns in the past but can now shave against w/o problems). I tend to try with and then across the grain instead of going against. That said, I still try to go against every once in a while.
Thanks!

Best bang for the budget buck, huh? How about a jar of Proraso shaving soap from Target ($3), a tube of Kiss My Face shaving cream (there are several varieties) from your local health food store (less than $8), and a tube of Taylor's Avacado? Also don't forget to request some shaving cream samples from Trumper's.

--Mark

Bang for the buck you can't go wrong with Taylor's products. Buy them from the same vendor.

Avacado is a must have. Your choice from there. Read the reviews section

Kyle said:
If you choose QED Rose & Taylor's Avocado, you can buy at the same place & save on shipping.

Todd,

I agree with Kyle's approach to shave on shipping. You may want to consider two QED shave sticks and the Taylor's Avocado. You would save on the shipping costs and get to try an additional QED scent.

Kevin

Todd,

You are correct. Joel has some excellent pictures of how to use a shave stick on page two of the Pictorial and Video section for your review.

Kevin

Todd,
Despite the wonderful pictures and the fact that QED Shaving (Stick) Soap makes great lather, the sticks were designed to be used without benefit of a brush. The level of lubrication they produce is exceptional.
At any rate, I usually lather mine on my face.. The EOs are too good to fritter away without the benefit of the lather-fragrance explosion that occurs when you put a wet brush to your visage and build the super creamy lather.

Have to say I have found that the QED shave soaps irritate my skin , and they do not provide the same lather. To date I have been using Trumpers Rose which really does work well.Best value for money would probably be The Body Shop shaving cream at £6 per tub!!

Alan

guenron said:
Todd,
Despite the wonderful pictures and the fact that QED Shaving (Stick) Soap makes great lather, the sticks were designed to be used without benefit of a brush. The level of lubrication they produce is exceptional.
At any rate, I usually lather mine on my face.. The EOs are too good to fritter away without the benefit of the lather-fragrance explosion that occurs when you put a wet brush to your visage and build the super creamy lather.
Ron,

I'm confused. :confused: The QED shave sticks indicate on the directions on the side of the stick that a brush should be used to create the lather on the face. I realize that some gents use them for touch up purposes only but I've always used my brush to whip up the lather on my face.

Kevin

Kevin said:
Ron,

I'm confused. :confused: The QED shave sticks indicate on the directions on the side of the stick that a brush should be used to create the lather on the face. I realize that some gents use them for touch up purposes only but I've always used my brush to whip up the lather on my face.

Kevin
Sounds like you have found your best use for them, much the same as I. Oddly enough, even with a dozen or so sticks, I've never read the fine print.:001_smile

Top Bottom