What's new

What tin/jar are you cracking?

Just cracked a tin of Butera Kingfisher that a fellow member here sourced for me. Thank you, good sir! This pipe tonight is my first taste of this blend, and it’s outstanding!

1F3F3490-EA71-400C-BFDF-9E84963D1F40.jpeg
F03E4532-692D-4F45-AB02-A03C8DB2884F.jpeg

I haven’t tried the Pelican yet, just got my first few tins in the mail lately, and I’m only one bowl into the Kingfisher so far.

The Kingfisher seems burley dominant to me, at least after one bowl. It takes the lead over the Virginias. The Perique is there but doesn’t overpower. The blend tastes very full, lots of bass notes, not many high notes, if that makes sense. It tastes aged and matured. One of those sessions that you’re sorry to see end. Deep.

I just opened a a tin of Dorchester I was gifted. I’ve been smoking Dunbar recently and just had to do a comparison. For my tastes, Dorchester is the one. It is sweeter and the perique is not as pronounced. They are both quality tobaccos.

That’s great, I have a ton of Dorchester aging in the cellar. Now you’re making me want to crack it open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Opening new to me 2oz bag of The Country Squire Cornishman.

Im half way into my first bowl of this English blend. I would say its a sweeter blend with a creamy vibe to it. While it does have latakia, i would say it is not latakia forward. Definitely a great smoke, and one that I may start cellaring.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Started in on a pouch of Sutliff Duke Albert. I don't really see it as a Prince Albert match personally but a good codger style blend in its own right.

I'll know more after I'm a few more bowls in. Another planned for this evening.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Started in on a pouch of Sutliff Duke Albert. I don't really see it as a Prince Albert match personally but a good codger style blend in its own right.

I'll know more after I'm a few more bowls in. Another planned for this evening.

It’s an excellent dessert smoke. I enjoy it later in the day, after dinner (along with SWRA). I still prefer the breadier, nuttier, cocoa-tinged flavors of the all-day classics in the morning with my coffee, however (PA … rip, LLRR, SWR, etc.). But I’m sure DA could prove a solid all-day for many.

Top Bottom