What's new

What time of day do you shave?

In the before times, long long ago, I would wake up, shower, then shave. While working from home it could be anytime for the shower and shave. Sometimes the middle of the afternoon.

I mostly like to shave right after a shower. But if some time has passed since I last showered, then I use a balm or oil for preshave to soften my skin before shaving. Sometimes I'll do a night time shave if I'm going out or just want a relaxing lavender scented aftershave before going to sleep.

I’m retired, but still shave everyday after I shower. Some days I go for a long walk in the morning (3-4 miles); other days I hit the treadmill for an hour. Only after that do I shower and shave. It might be 10am, or it might be noon. Btw, I still get up early (4-5 am) for crossword puzzles, reading the newspapers, and enjoying the quiet: A leftover habit from when I worked.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I’m retired so I tend to shave every other day. I usually get a rowing session in around 2PM, cool down and shave after that. I don’t have a rigid schedule like @Tomo , but I’m shaved before the evening meal. <eg>

I’m retired so I tend to shave every other day. I usually get a rowing session in around 2PM, cool down and shave after that. I don’t have a rigid schedule like @Tomo , but I’m shaved before the evening meal. <eg>
I get up at 5am everyday. Construction starts early in the week and I prefer to keep the same sleep schedule through the weekend. One of the benefits of quitting the booze has been that I wake up feeling fresh. It turns out that I’m a morning person and never knew it.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Bright and early right after my shower - usually about 10:00 AM. I wake around 5, watch a little news, make breakfast at 6 and then hit the computer for my coffee and forums. Then I exercise, shower and shave. It's good to be retired.

Unless it's a golf morning. I don't find sunscreen a good shaving balm, so I shave after my game.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I get up at 5am everyday. Construction starts early in the week and I prefer to keep the same sleep schedule through the weekend. One of the benefits of quitting the booze has been that I wake up feeling fresh. It turns out that I’m a morning person and never knew it.
I remember a heavy drinker tell me: the problem with you non-drinkers is: when you wake up in the morning, that might be the best you feel all day.

It’s such a good thing to move on from the destructive things in our lives.

I’m a big fan of inner peace.

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
As a guy long retired who keeps terrible, nocturnal hours, I'm an afternoon to late afternoon shaver. I've always hear it's best to shave in the morning or is it when you first get up. Neither of those is happening since the days of having to be up by 5:30 AM (now, that's more like my bedtime!).

When do you guys shave? Is it because of when you're working or?

I shave at night before bed, but only three days a week (Mon, Wed, Sat), since I don't have a heavy beard (and retired). Warm shower, face scrub, shave, Pacific Shave co Caffeinated after-shave, beddy-bye.

-Phil

Top Bottom