What's new

What the neck.....?

Often, members write about shaving their neck.
In Dutch, a "nek" is only the trapezius area, but in English, the neck is the entire front and back of the part between head and shoulders.
Today I noticed a lot of men do not shave beneath their haircut.
As a skull shaver, I always do, of course.
So I am puzzled now: what exactly does one mean when writing about shaving their neck 🤷🏻

English speaking neck 👇🏼

6E04081A-A245-48AD-A9A7-7546123CE17C.png

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I think the neck properly includes both the front and the back, with the front often referred to as the throat and the back as the nape. In my vernacular however the neck is only at the back of my head below the hairline but above the shoulders, and the throat is at the front below the jawline and above the collar bone.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
So I am puzzled now: what exactly does one mean when writing about shaving their neck 🤷🏻
Shaving from ear to ear below the jawbone line. A nice razor I use to shave the back & sides of my neck every 3 weeks when I trim my hair(haircut) is the Oneblade core, nice and mild and with the pivoting head follows contours well and that area is very sensitive area for most folks.

Shaving from ear to ear below the jawbone line. A nice razor I use to shave the back & sides of my neck every 3 weeks when I trim my hair(haircut) is the Oneblade core, nice and mild and with the pivoting head follows contours well and that area is very sensitive area for most folks.
Sounds like a good head shaver too.
Is it close enough?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sounds like a good head shaver too.
Is it close enough?
I do not head shave but Subie shaves on You-tube uses different One blades and he has great hack to just use Gem blades that are longer lasting and give a nice shave IMO for the last 4 years for myself. It is the least aggressive of other Oneblade razors(Genius & hybrid). If your interested in this razor visit his site and scroll down his list of video's for the Oneblade and all he does is head shaving. He has a excellent blade hack for replacing the Feather FHS blade that is a proprietary blade.
I have used my Oneblade Core many times and it is impressive, Subie is excitable type and he knows his stuff and their is a new razor coming out very soon and it is perfect for head shaving according to him.

I do not head shave but Subie shaves on You-tube uses different One blades and he has great hack to just use Gem blades that are longer lasting and give a nice shave IMO for the last 4 years for myself. It is the least aggressive of other Oneblade razors(Genius & hybrid). If your interested in this razor visit his site and scroll down his list of video's for the Oneblade and all he does is head shaving. He has a excellent blade hack for replacing the Feather FHS blade that is a proprietary blade.
I have used my Oneblade Core many times and it is impressive, Subie is excitable type and he knows his stuff and their is a new razor coming out very soon and it is perfect for head shaving according to him.
I do head shave, and I agree with your thoughts on Subie and his video for the hack using Gem blades. Caused me to get the 1blade and I plan to try it, but haven’t yet (maybe on a non-busy weekend🤷🏼‍♂️)…
I think you’re referencing the new High Proof Razor.. as a Headshaver, I have my hopes up for that one too… although currently it will be hard to beat the Leaf.
Great options out there, and I am done with cartridges🙏🏼

Top Bottom