What's new

What the heck is Pinaud Finest powder?

I usually apply the powder over the sink: Leaving the top closed, I upend the bottle briefly, turn it back, then open the lid and sweep the powder collected there up into my fingers. The fingers I then use to apply the powder to my cheeks and lower lip. Usually I have to do this upending routine for each side.

Then I shake some powder directly out onto my fingers and apply to first the left side of my neck, and then to the right. Close the bottle, rinse off and dry hands.

i use this strictly as a deodorant/antiperspirant. combine it with 1/2 a teaspoon of baking soda and it beats any overpriced deodorant stick/roll/spray money can buy. odor eliminated and dry for over 24hrs.

Hoping a user could possibly answer this. I recently threw a 9oz 255gram container with a recent order and I'm curious is the container supposed to filled close to the top as mine arrived today the seal was broken which can happen but I was a little surprised to see that it's only half full maybe even a little less than that. Thks

Hoping a user could possibly answer this. I recently threw a 9oz 255gram container with a recent order and I'm curious is the container supposed to filled close to the top as mine arrived today the seal was broken which can happen but I was a little surprised to see that it's only half full maybe even a little less than that. Thks

Powder is going to settle. If the outside wasn't powdery then it's probably safe to say none escaped. Otherwise weigh the bottle; should be at least 11 ounces depending on what the empty bottle weighs.

Powder is going to settle. If the outside wasn't powdery then it's probably safe to say none escaped. Otherwise weigh the bottle; should be at least 11 ounces depending on what the empty bottle weighs.

Don't actually have a scale unfortunately it was just my initial thought when I opened the package that the container was awfully big for that much product had it my head that maybe it was a previously returned item as opposed to it escaping during delivery but thanks that makes sense. At times it feels the last year and half have turned my mind mush. :))

I've used nearly a whole container of this stuff over the years, and here's my honest take:
I use it as a "body powder", i.e. it goes in my shorts, back of the neck, sometimes face after a shave, generally just a deodorant and moisture absorbing agent. Works beautifully for all that. Dries the skin nicely after a shave, although I tend to keep it away from my nasal passages due to rumors of it being a carcinogen.

It's the stuff barbers use with a brush after your shave/haircut. Kind of a step up from baby powder in feel but essentially the same thing (a lot of barbers just use baby powder).

I use it in the pants, and I also put it in my chest and pits before going to work. It gives me some nice whiffs throughout the day when I start to sweat.

I use it in the pants, and I also put it in my chest and pits before going to work. It gives me some nice whiffs throughout the day when I start to sweat.
+1- I've used this stuff for years. If I think it's going to be a real sweaty day, I use a bit in the shorts to aid the fellows in staying dryer. Have used it in my pits, too. Good stuff, that Clubman-like scent in a body powder. My barber used it on the neck after he shaved it, so the scent brings me back. I do like the feel and efficacy of the talc products much better than the cornstarch products having used both.

+1- I've used this stuff for years. If I think it's going to be a real sweaty day, I use a bit in the shorts to aid the fellows in staying dryer. Have used it in my pits, too. Good stuff, that Clubman-like scent in a body powder. My barber used it on the neck after he shaved it, so the scent brings me back. I do like the feel and efficacy of the talc products much better than the cornstarch products having used both.

Yea, my barber used King Talc for the neck, which is what got me using talc. I really enjoy the feel and scent of that, but Clubman is just magical, even if it is cornstarch. The scent wins for me.
I forgot to mention I also like to sprinkle a little on my sheets before bed.

Saw this at the local antique store today.

IMG_20210814_112207874-02.jpeg

IMG_20210814_112232690-01.jpeg

IMG_20210814_112218052-01.jpeg

Why does the can say "For Professional Use Only"? Perhaps the can was only offered for professional *sale*, but it seems odd to say "professional use."

Top Bottom