What's new

What the heck is Pinaud Finest powder?

It is used in barber shops, they brush it on after they shave the neck. Many people also use it on the face after a shave also. It is just a scented powder so you could use it in your shorts if you wanted to!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
According to the description, I think it's a body powder.

"The Clubman Pinaud Finest Powder is modern version of the former Talc product. With many uses, the powder can be used to complement deodorant or absorb moisture. Formulated with a new cornstarch blend, it works to absorb unpleasant odors while substituting it with a fresh and pleasing scent."

I was under the impression the carcinogenic aspect was only for the female of the species. That's too bad, especially since cornstarch feeds fungal infections. I use the Pinaud Clubman talc on my face and head.

According to the description, I think it's a body powder.

"The Clubman Pinaud Finest Powder is modern version of the former Talc product. With many uses, the powder can be used to complement deodorant or absorb moisture. Formulated with a new cornstarch blend, it works to absorb unpleasant odors while substituting it with a fresh and pleasing scent."

+1! Gowing to the source!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I was under the impression the carcinogenic aspect was only for the female of the species. That's too bad, especially since cornstarch feeds fungal infections. I use the Pinaud Clubman talc on my face and head.

Talc itself is inert, but the mining process can incorporate varying quantities of asbestos or magnesium silicate, which are not. The USFDA states generally talc is safe used cosmetically, but the EU has banned its use.

Talc itself is inert, but the mining process can incorporate varying quantities of asbestos or magnesium silicate, which are not. The USFDA states generally talc is safe used cosmetically, but the EU has banned its use.

Im in the UK and the shops still stock talcum powder in the baby and hygiene isles. I heard about a lawsuit in which an old lady got cervical cancer? And sued Johnson's company and won I think.. not sure how true the details are but it seems to be on people's minds.

Either way, talc works a charm on sweaty 'shorts' and on the face after an irritated shave. I apply just a bump in my palm and rub it across my neck and jawline as I find some shaves have a delayed irritation kick in, sometimes 6-9 hours later! It really helps too.

Sadly the Pinaud branded powder is a bit costly over here and only seems available online or I'd have tried it by now.

Im in the UK and the shops still stock talcum powder in the baby and hygiene isles. I heard about a lawsuit in which an old lady got cervical cancer? And sued Johnson's company and won I think.. not sure how true the details are but it seems to be on people's minds.

Either way, talc works a charm on sweaty 'shorts' and on the face after an irritated shave. I apply just a bump in my palm and rub it across my neck and jawline as I find some shaves have a delayed irritation kick in, sometimes 6-9 hours later! It really helps too.

Sadly the Pinaud branded powder is a bit costly over here and only seems available online or I'd have tried it by now.

REGULATION (EC) No 1223/2009 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL

Long read, but talc is among the banned chemicals and products. I suppose there is some value then in exiting the EU.... :001_smile

I use it daily on my neck and dome. It helps to keep shine off the dome so I don't blind people. It also helps to add a little of that "just left the barbershop" feeling in the morning. In warm climates it is a good thing!

When I read your post I had a good laugh. I ended up getting a little suntan on my dome to cut down on the comments such as chrome dome!

At one time talcum powder contained asbestos. However, in 1976 the trade association for such products recommended that all talc used in cosmetic products in the United States should be free from detectable amounts of asbestos. According to the American Cancer Society, there is no evidence that even talc that contains asbestos is harmful if applied externally and not inhaled. However, many lawsuits were filed. As a result, companies making powder products have gone now make the powder with cornstarch, instead.

I usually put the Pinaud stuff on my cheeks, lower lip, and throat after a shave, then rinse it off after breakfast. Now, though, working from home, I often leave it on until breakfast is done. By that time it's faded. A quick wipe with my fingers dissipates it so I don't look ghostly -- but the soothing quality remains.

Both !!!

no talc in it.

I've heard that it also has drying benefits for those in warm humid climates.....muggy indy summers coming soon. will know shortly.

camo

Both !!!

no talc in it.

I've heard that it also has drying benefits for those in warm humid climates.....muggy indy summers coming soon. will know shortly.

camo
Drying? +100. Muggy has been here since March anyway. (The weather people on TV are fond of saying conditions will be "muggy and mild." I got news for ya, Sparky, if it's muggy, IT AIN'T MILD!)

Both !!!

no talc in it.

camo
I will have to try that. We are opening summer with warm and muggy days here in North Texas.

Just a bit of an update. I did purchase some a Pinauds Finest Powder And really like the way it leaves my face feeling. I’ll usually apply it after using moisturizers or balms, but before splash (which i apply after balms and moisturizers). It leaves my face feeling smooth and matte.
At first I shook some into my hands and rubbed them together to clear the excess befor rubbing on my face. I found this to be messy and only applied it out on my balcony. after I rubbed it into my face, I would brush it off using a barbers neck brush I got real cheap on amazon.
Still I found this messy and wasteful, so now I have a jar I keep some powder in the bottom of, and keep the brush in there with it. When needed, I gently shake the brush inside the jar before removing to dust my face and chest with powder, then drop it back in. So far this is working for me. I love the smell too.
919833F6-63C1-46D3-A66B-81712A8F688A.jpeg

Top Bottom