What's new

What the heck is brilliantine?

Hello Gents,
While in the local drug store, I just noticed a jar of brilliantine by tres flors. It was a sort of solid paste. Right next to it was a bottle of tres flors brilliantine only this time it was a brown liquid. I also found a white jar of brilliantine a few shelves away with a yacht on it.

So I ask the sages. What is it and how do you use it?

The liquid is usually hair tonic with mineral oil. It works well for short dark hair. If you are blond, it will make your hair look dirty. It will give your hair shine.

The gel is too heavy. It is similar to vaseline.

I use brilliantine for Paschana. The trick is using a little to keep your hair soft and non-greasy.

It's the essence of brilliance. You can use it on anything. The food you cooked is a little bland? Just add a spoonful of BRILLIANTINE! Master chef! Your outfit a little drab and dated? Dilute Brilliantine and use a spray bottle to evenly coat your outfit. Now you're lookin' fly! What's that? The value on your home is dropping? Say it with me: BRILLIANTINE! Welcome to Bel Air!

It's the essence of brilliance. You can use it on anything. The food you cooked is a little bland? Just add a spoonful of BRILLIANTINE! Master chef! Your outfit a little drab and dated? Dilute Brilliantine and use a spray bottle to evenly coat your outfit. Now you're lookin' fly! What's that? The value on your home is dropping? Say it with me: BRILLIANTINE! Welcome to Bel Air!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I going to get some just for the heavy glass bottle the liquid comes in. It smells better to me than the others except Jeris.

Tres flores as I remember the "brillantina" is oil to use for the hair, to make it looks shiny, and easy to comb or greasy depending in the amount one's use.
A drop or two in palm of your hands rubbed together before applying to the follicles was all that was needed.
See my Avatar for the proper usage

I have never used the Tres Flores liquid. But I can tell you about the Tres Flores in the jar that looked like paste. I have used it regularly off and on ever since I adopted what I call a traditional Short Back and Sides taper cut. I use it over my pomade to give my hair a very shiny-well slicked finish. It will make your hair noticeably darker, because it has petroleum in it. You hair will stay slicked down till you wash it. Definitely a product for old school slicked hairstyles-I really like the smell of it:thumbup1:

Top Bottom