What's new

What the future holds

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Carnac the Magnificent says...

proxy.php

"I see Texas chili in the near future."

Some serrano and poblano peppers dried, with a previously dried habanero on top of the dehydrator.

DSC_0002 (2).JPG

Crumbled up with fingers.

DSC_0005 (2).JPG

Although not really necessary, crunched up further the old fashioned way.

DSC_0016 (2).JPG

I believe the peppers are ready. I already have the other spices ready to go. Now to just get the time to make it.

DSC_0018 (2).JPG

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Ahhh memories. Peppers crumbled up with fingers.... Note to self, don't pick nose, wipe eyes, or take a wizz until thoroughly washing hands.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Make a lot more then you need. Freeze the rest in small batches. I know by experience. It seems like a lot sitting in the pot then all of the sudden it's gone. Then the regret of not making more hits in waves of pain.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Some of my San Antonio chili.

Meat browned and the garlic and onions softened a bit.

DSC_0001 (2).JPG

All the other goodies added.

DSC_0006 (2).JPG

Simmer, simmer, simmer.

DSC_0011 (2).JPG

I think we have chili. Spicy, but not too hot. I adjusted the recipe a bit. I'll put this up next to the recipe of @DoctorShavegood for Texas Red anytime.

DSC_0014 (2).JPG

Note to self, don't pick nose, wipe eyes, or take a wizz until thoroughly washing hands.
Or not wash and live on the edge and spice up your nose picking, eye wiping and wizzing :D

Some of my San Antonio chili.

Meat browned and the garlic and onions softened a bit.

View attachment 941424

All the other goodies added.

View attachment 941425

Simmer, simmer, simmer.

View attachment 941426

I think we have chili. Spicy, but not too hot. I adjusted the recipe a bit. I'll put this up next to the recipe of @DoctorShavegood for Texas Red anytime.

View attachment 941427
THAT looks good!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Yes there is...SWMBO won't eat it. Even just one habanero is too much for her. Should last me for a couple of days.

Makes me what to make a Chilli the wife is to scared to eat, even though we are almost mid summer here. I have a good handful of dried habs to keep the wife at bay. :)

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Makes me what to make a Chilli the wife is to scared to eat, even though we are almost mid summer here. I have a good handful of dried habs to keep the wife at bay. :)

That's the way to go.

Clean-up was easy, even though there is tomato paste and beans in it. That stuff is down there in it somewhere. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DSC_0003 (2).JPG

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Do you have some kind of problem with chilli.....brother??
:)
To a degree I do. I used to be able to eat really hot pizza's and hotish chilli dishes and then basically overnight many years a go I could no longer stomach them. They made me go both ends very quickly after eating. The same thing happened with mushrooms but I have been gradually using mushrooms again. If I have a few I am okay but if it is a whole lot of mushrooms it starts again. I am trying to wean myself back into eating mushrooms and I might try the same for chilli's.

To a degree I do. I used to be able to eat really hot pizza's and hotish chilli dishes and then basically overnight many years a go I could no longer stomach them. They made me go both ends very quickly after eating. The same thing happened with mushrooms but I have been gradually using mushrooms again. If I have a few I am okay but if it is a whole lot of mushrooms it starts again. I am trying to wean myself back into eating mushrooms and I might try the same for chilli's.

Who ever heard of putting mushrooms in Chilli anyway! Shows what YOU know!! Just kidding. I know what you mean..

Ahhh memories. Peppers crumbled up with fingers.... Note to self, don't pick nose, wipe eyes, or take a wizz until thoroughly washing hands.

Me: "Can you finish de-seeding these scorpion peppers because I've gotta take a leak"
Friend: "but, but, but..."
Me (Two mins later): "Yeeeowwww"
Friend: "I was trying to warn you but couldn't quite get the words out"
Me: "Thanks anyway" .SMH

Carnac the Magnificent says...

proxy.php

"I see Texas chili in the near future."

Some serrano and poblano peppers dried, with a previously dried habanero on top of the dehydrator.

View attachment 940574

Crumbled up with fingers.

View attachment 940575

Although not really necessary, crunched up further the old fashioned way.

View attachment 940576

I believe the peppers are ready. I already have the other spices ready to go. Now to just get the time to make it.

View attachment 940578
Wow! Did you grow the pepers too? It looks amazing

Top Bottom