What's new

What the Burn!

Anyone else get a slight burn from What The Puck? I used it a few times with no problems. Then i used it the other day and the blue started stinging. Any ideas? If not i guess ill Pif.

I've gotten a very slight slight burn from other soaps that have "lime" in the name, and I suspect it's whatever they used for the lime scent.
Another soap from the same company was just fine.

Anyone else get a slight burn from What The Puck? I used it a few times with no problems. Then i used it the other day and the blue started stinging. Any ideas? If not i guess ill Pif.
I got a slight burning sensation the last time I used it with one of my more aggressive razors. I plan on using it again with a milder razor. I'm hoping it was the razor and not the soap that caused the minor irritation. However once rinsed off the irritation went away leaving no redness on my skin.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

Never tried that one, but I've gotten a slight warming sensation from a few soaps. No real burn or irritation though, so I didn't stop using the soap. Seems to be soaps that are really heavy on the fragrance for me. I've noticed it with WSP Mahogany and Black Amber Vanille, but don't notice it every time I use them.

I would take a break from the soap and let my face heal completely. Then try it again in a week or so. If it still stings, then you’re probably allergic to something in the soap.

It happens. There was a thread not too long ago about soaps that burned. I learned that a lot of Almond soaps have this issue! In fact, I just pif’d a WSP Barbershop and a RR P160 because they burned. Like I said, it happens.

I would take a break from the soap and let my face heal completely. Then try it again in a week or so. If it still stings, then you’re probably allergic to something in the soap.

It happens. There was a thread not too long ago about soaps that burned. I learned that a lot of Almond soaps have this issue! In fact, I just pif’d a WSP Barbershop and a RR P160 because they burned. Like I said, it happens.

+1! Great suggestion!!

I'll try today. Have not shaved since thursday.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I hope its not a barbershop allergy. The only other "barbershop" i have is seville and, yeah, not even close on scent.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
An individual having an allergic reaction to a particular soap is a frequent occurrence... Yet the vast majority do not, to any one.

If your face gets hot, get rid of it.

AA

An individual having an allergic reaction to a particular soap is a frequent occurrence... Yet the vast majority do not, to any one.

If your face gets hot, get rid of it.

AA
Happened to me with WSP Pumpkin Spice
3 years ago. The cinnamon, and cloves lit my face up pretty good so I traded it on the BST.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

So i lathered rinsed and dried my brush then waited for a few moments. No shave(SWMBO) and no burn. Im thinking maybe once my skin is irritated after a few shaves this soap might aggrivate it. Im probably going to try and 3017 some other soaps for now.

Top Bottom