What's new

What Tech Is This?

I'm hoping someone can help me identify this Tech that I picked up. Its case doesn't seem to match any that are shown on the mr-razor site. On the razor's lower plate it says "REG US PAT. OFF. Gillette MADE IN USA." And of course there is no serial number or date code. The case is black with a fuzzy dark blue cotton interior. There is a metal blade case that says "GILLETTE BLADES" on the cap. Thanks in advance for any help.

1938-45 Fat Handle Tech with the Triangular base the more aggresssive version. Later Techs had the rectangular base plate and were slightly midler. Nice Score!!

Check this post:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=173241&highlight=Fat+Handle+Tech+triangular+base

It's not the shape of the base plate itself, but rather the shape of the relief holes in the base plate.

Yours is the earlier design from '39 - '45, with the fat handle. IMHO the best of the Techs!! :thumbup1:

It's not the shape of the base plate itself, but rather the shape of the relief holes in the base plate.

Yours is the earlier design from '39 - '45, with the fat handle. IMHO the best of the Techs!! :thumbup1:

I should have have said slots on the base plate, good call :thumbup:

I have one of those and didn't realize the difference! I'll give mine a try in the morning and post the results. Thanks for the info:thumbup:

Top Bottom