What's new

What Tea/Tisane Are You Drinking?

Today I'm drinking some basic Joy 2016 from Starbucks/Teavana in my reusable steeping bags. Once I get home I plan to break out the 2017 White Yunnan Buds from Yunnansourcing. Nothing like that pine.

Tea is my second favourite drink after coffee :001_smile I like the most of all green and white types, also some types with different fruits :001_smile

I have just had my house decorated. the painter only drank tea, and as I make it in a teapot I had tea at the same time that he did - which was every 20 minutes so around 18-20 cups of tea a day - and no coffee. He was at the house for a week.

Coffee tasted very strange after all that tea, really unpleasant.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Vahdam Nilgiri, cold. According to The Book, Nilgiri makes the best iced tea, doesn't cloud.

Had some herbal lemon-lavender mix on hand, added a spoon of it while brewing yesterday. Magic!

Little like Bigelows Lemon Lift, but better. Not made with CTC tea, like theirs. This is a win.

Trying to shake free of sugar, and artificial sugars while still getting necessary caffeine. On the right track.

AA

Vahdam Nilgiri, cold. According to The Book, Nilgiri makes the best iced tea, doesn't cloud.

Had some herbal lemon-lavender mix on hand, added a spoon of it while brewing yesterday. Magic!

Little like Bigelows Lemon Lift, but better. Not made with CTC tea, like theirs. This is a win.

Trying to shake free of sugar, and artificial sugars while still getting necessary caffeine. On the right track.

AA
+1 Thanks for the tip about Nilgiri iced tea. I've bought Darjeelings from Vahdam--nice--but should try a Nilgiri.

Hi,

Working on my making my third cup of Vahdam Darjeeling. I go through a lot of this stuff at home. Maybe have some Czar Nicholas Valentine later this afternoon.

Lovely cup of Twinning's Prince of Wales, paired with a few pumpkin spice ginger snaps! Still one of my all time favorite blends.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Prince of Wales and Vahdam Darjeeling ARE good choices ...

Today it's Vahdam Nilgiri - a good cold tea choice - but with a pinch of Chinese Lapsang Souchang to give it a hint of smoke. Makes you think of camping / campfire smoke.

AA

Spent much of the past year drinking my way through my pu-erh stash, down to my last few hundred grams.

Currently drinking some ~10yr old, not quite sure what it is, shu pu-erh.

IMG_4746.JPG
We enjoyed our Sunday afternoon with a spicey masala chai with vanilla almond milk.

Top Bottom