What's new

What Tea/Tisane Are You Drinking?

I'm drinking some Red Robe tea this evening, that I picked up in San Francisco
IMG_20170217_2158444.jpg

Last edited:
I am drinking a milk oolong from Republic of tea. I added a couple of crushed red pepper flakes to the tea ball. Doesn't really change the flavor but gives it a nice bite that you can feel in the back of your throat.

My tea drinking is pretty regimented I realized. Morning, I either have a cup of coffee or a nice strong cup of Brooke Bond with milk and sugar. During the workday I sip some Lopchu Darjeeling, or guzzle this lemonade/tea concoction in some new machine our office got that makes all sorts of drinks....I don't know crap about golf (stupid sport IMO), but that Arnold Palmer sure knows how to make some iced tea! Once I get home from work, I drink iced roasted barley tea, before bed I make a pot of Rooibos chai on the stove.

Mixed it up a bit today. I found some Puerh that I had forgotten about. It was a mystery tea that I got from a shop in San Francisco a few years back. I brewed it strong and it came out very nice though it seemed low in caffeine. I started to nod off about halfway through the morning. After lunch I brewed up some Japanese Sencha which picked me back up.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Lapsang souchong, but Harney's, not the one I got from China.

Bacon and dark fruit notes, the label says. Campfire and a trip to the BBQ is what I see.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Vahdam Nilgiri (black) tea from India; brewed hot, then iced.

Nilgiri tea doesn't cloud, so it's good cold. I'm avoiding tea bags - tired of drinking mystery dust-tea - and examine the leaves after brewing.

AA

I don't drink tea all that often, but when I do, my tastes are simple and pragmatic.
  • At home, usually a loose-leaf Assam, maybe with a bit of milk and sugar, maybe not. Probably too much tea for the amount of water because I have a hard time measuring it.
  • At work, some black tea in a bag (Twinings, Bigelow, whatever) dropped in a mug of water that's been microwaved to a boil.

Jasmine Dragon Pearls from Tealyra. I just got it. Not bad but it tastes a little old. Very fragrant. It is one of my at work teas. When working with adolescents, as the weather warms, a fragrant tea is needed to offset the boys' over AXEd wreak, if they even bother to deodorize at all, and the girls' belief that if a little perfume smells nice a butt load smells better. Some Jasmine up the nose is a welcome relief.

Top Bottom