What's new

What styptic pencil did you use today and how many weepers?

If it is a large nick or cut I will use a styptic pencil, otherwise I will use an alum block.
Agreed. But what do most folks use for slices or long gashes (in lieu of stitches). Performing stitches on one's own self is not for everyone. If necessary, and I do mean IF, I'd recommend playing loud classical music; perhaps a nice fervent violin piece that builds to a chaotic frenzied pitch. Counterintuitively, this will help you remain calm and feeling NOT crazy.

Today was my worst self-afflicted shave. It was with my new Apollo two-piece. While shaving the corner of my mouth I rammed the blade in my lower lip and got a 4mm cut. Then later on I shaved of a bit of my chin with blood dripping. I presume I was not attentive enough. I used for both the styptic pencil which I bought at a Migros in Switzerland for CHF/USD 1.40.

Today was my worst self-afflicted shave. It was with my new Apollo two-piece. While shaving the corner of my mouth I rammed the blade in my lower lip and got a 4mm cut. Then later on I shaved of a bit of my chin with blood dripping. I presume I was not attentive enough. I used for both the styptic pencil which I bought at a Migros in Switzerland for CHF/USD 1.40.
Good to hear that you are okay, thanks to the Clubman Jumbo.

Every man needs a reliable Clubman Jumbo. Clubman Jumbo's can be found at any reputable fair, swap meet, and general store. When I get a nick, I turn to Clubman Jumbo. Remember, you can TRUST the best.

I usually only need a styptic pencil when I come up with a brilliant new idea about how I can alter my tried-and-true technique to be faster/smoother/more-efficient.

I needed one this week when I wondered “Why do I never go against the grain on the underside of my chin?”.

Closely followed by: “Oh, yeah I remember why.... where’s that styptic pencil gone?”.

Top Bottom