What's new

What style of facial hair do you have?

None because I get OCD about it being perfect....same with sideburns. I can usually go a couple weeks tops before I shave it off. I really wish that weren't the case...

Well, it is almost mountain man at the moment. Going for a verdi beard, too bad I chopped too much of my handlebars when I was gonna trim them a bit. Stupid mirror fooled me and I took 1cm too much :(

A small little soul patch/flavor saver/ball scratcher that when I don't shave for 4 days I have a a weak circle beard. My hair does not grow in thick especially on my cheeks.

I think it's the Asian in me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have most of my full winter beard going. I have started to whittle the sides down a bit though. With the sunny weather we've had the last few days i'm starting the get the itch do do some more trimming.
DSCF0039.JPG

Full beard with a shaved neckline. I shave my neckline every other day and take the clippers to my beard about once a month, or whever it gets shaggy enough that it starts to get itchy or my wife starts to complain that I look a little too, "mountain man". She likes a little scruff but her dad looked like Grizzly Adams, so she doesnt want her husband to look like that.

Oh, that sounds really cool! :001_smile Full beards are one of my favourite types, I keep the same too :001_cool: However I don't like the really long ones because such length doesn't fit me at all, besides I feel uncomfortable with it :001_tongu I prefer the short styles like on these examples from machohairstyles.com, I keep a beard with such length for several years :001_smile
This is how it looks :001_cool:

proxy.php

But sometimes I'm thinking about growing the longer moustaches...:001_smile

Oh, that sounds really cool! :001_smile Full beards are one of my favourite types, I keep the same too :001_cool: However I don't like the really long ones because such length doesn't fit me at all, besides I feel uncomfortable with it :001_tongu I prefer the short styles like on these examples from machohairstyles.com, I keep a beard with such length for several years :001_smile
This is how it looks :001_cool:

proxy.php

But sometimes I'm thinking about growing the longer moustaches...:001_smile
My wife likes a little scruff but she doesnt like when I get too, "mountain man". Her father had a shaggy, mountain man beard and it just hits a little too close to home for her.
Honestly, if I were a single man, I probably have a shaggy, mountain man beard, kind of like Aaron Kauffman on Fast And Loud.

Thanks!
That's the longest I've had it so I'm not real sure of its full potential. I see the gray hairs making me look older than what I want to appear. A few people have suggested dying it but that's more trouble than I care to deal with when it comes to grooming.
I would say it looks fuller than mine would look at that length, and you can see how full mine gets form the pic a few posts back. I've trimmed it back quite a bit since then, you can find more recent pics in a few other threads in this section. As far as the grays, I say embrace them. They just make you look wiser and more experienced. :thumbup1:

Three weeks into growing a circle beard. It's coming in full, but gray. The wife likes it so I will keep it, at least for a while.

In my younger days, I had the full face beard ... but last 30 years mustache only.

Attachments

• dwyoung.jpg
    dwyoung.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 17
I had the circle beard for about 10 years, and started experimenting with a beard back in September. At first I was keeping it pretty short. My wife decided she liked it, so I let it go for a couple of months, with occasional trimming, but it just ended up patchy and wispy on the cheeks.

In April I decided to make the 6 month commitment, including risking the wife's displeasure by letting the mustache grow out too. I was hoping to be able to pull off the Bandholz. Just after 3 months in, I really needed a cleanup trim. Below is after my first ever Barbershop trim. I plan to let it go for a few more months, but I have a feeling this is probably where I'll come back to. Except the mustache. I'd like to get another 1/4 inch or so there if I can. No handlebar, just the light tip curls.
20170708_113612.jpg

@gwsmallwood
Looks Great! :thumbup1:
It looks like you have the genes to do a Bandholz, but I think you would have to let it grow out more than just another 1/4 inch. That guy's stache is usually crazy long (in a good way).

@gwsmallwood
It looks like you have the genes to do a Bandholz, but I think you would have to let it grow out more than just another 1/4 inch. That guy's stache is usually crazy long (in a good way).
I might be able to pull off his mustache, but not his beard. Mine comes in far too patchy on the sides. I'm planning to keep going with the stache, but I may need to keep the cheeks trimmed a little shorter.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
For the last 18 months, I've had a full beard - but that changed earlier today.

Some would say goatee, some would say Van Dyke, and some would say neither. I don't particularly care whether it falls into a defined classification or not. This was partway through, but the style stayed - I just tidied it up a little

proxy.php

In case you are wondering, yes, that's shoulder length hair too.

Top Bottom