What's new

What stuff to take to descale a Gillette Slim?

Glad you got your Slim sparkling again. The chalky deposits left behind after using hard water are called limescale in English. I give my razors an occasional squirt of Cillit Bang bathroom cleaner and a quick scrub with an old toothbrush. A thorough rinse with cold water and drying with a microfibre cloth finishes the job.

61xeP6V5sgL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Take a look at the attached pictures for the result..
That razor looks very good now and the black lettering is intact. Hard water scum will clean of with hand soap and a light scrub with an old toothbrush applied on a regular basis. I have hard water and find that a good weekly scrub keeps the razor in top condition. Bathroom cleaners without bleach are readily available too, no need for special cleaners or polish.

Glad you got your Slim sparkling again. The chalky deposits left behind after using hard water are called limescale in English. I give my razors an occasional squirt of Cillit Bang bathroom cleaner and a quick scrub with an old toothbrush. A thorough rinse with cold water and drying with a microfibre cloth finishes the job.

View attachment 1408779
Hi,

Cilit bang is available here! :)
Does it contain any fine or finest "grinding stuff" (sorry...dict.cc has helped me)... ?
English is sometimes funny (at least for a non native speaker):
Lime => Lemon (one possible translation according to dict.cc)
Scale => device to measure the weight of something (...dict.cc)
limescale => a device to measure the weight of lemons...

;) :)

Last edited:
That razor looks very good now and the black lettering is intact. Hard water scum will clean of with hand soap and a light scrub with an old toothbrush applied on a regular basis. I have hard water and find that a good weekly scrub keeps the razor in top condition. Bathroom cleaners without bleach are readily available too, no need for special cleaners or polish.
The stuff I wanted to remove were leftovers from (a) previous owner/s. Fortunately the water here were I live is smooth as butter and does not
contain any devices to measure the weight of lemons (see previous post ;) )
But indeed it is very good to know, what to do on a regular basis to prevent those devices to build up on my razor. Thank you for your info, Invicta! :)
I think, the build quality of the Slims (and not of some others) painfully shows, how devastating low level the understanding of the term "quality"
is today....
Will anyone own and use a Fusion Pro Glide in ..... 2083? Will anyone be able to buy the cartridges then?
The Gillette Slim and some of its brothers are a good example of one thing done once and done right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom