What's new

What strop to get?

I just scored my first straight on the bay !! A vintage “H.Boker” which is shave ready from “dukecityvintageshaving”

What strop would you recommend to a newbie? I am looking for something that is not too expensive.

Thank you !! Okay
I'm a little late to this thread, but I've bought a razor from dukecityvintageshaving. It was shave ready and I think Mike does very nice work. I actually just bought a second razor from him that arrived today.
Its funny to run across that ebay seller name in this random thread. I had a recent interaction with him and he is an awesome guy. I really appreciate him and what hes doing

I second what was said above. Lots of options. I recommend a handle on your first strop. Also a 2.5" in width. Sure, you can buy on Amazon, but for a strop I think Id be looking up Tony Miller. You will get a much better quality leather piece and a good secondary (linen) strop too. He will be happy to talk with you or email and answer any questions. Whoever you buy from on Amazon may have no clue about strops. Just sells them. Tony will treat you right. Ive bought from him many times snd stand behind him 100%.
And as it was said above, i have no clue about your straight bring really shave ready. You might get lucky. But from all my years buying vintage and ebay, I've only found two shave ready razor in 20+ years.

Keep us informed on how its going. We are happy to help you along this journey. Take some time to read about newbies and straights in our library's. A lot of good info to be had in it for nothing and its the Truth. Not like what you find on youtube where everyone is s
I'm a little late to this thread, but I've bought a razor from dukecityvintageshaving. It was shave ready and I think Mike does very nice work. I actually just bought a second razor from him that arrived today.
He seemed pretty knowledgable. And very trustworthy

Top Bottom