Strop: Kanayama 70

Soap: I Coloniali Rhubarb

Brush: Vie Long Horse

Aftershave #1: Thayer’s WH

Aftershave #2: Stephans Bay Rum

Balm: Nivea

Talc: Clubman

IMG_6464.jpg

Getting a Filarmonica is risky business. Depending on razor generation is can be a hit, miss or just a disaster. Being unaware of this and used to the very high standards of production in Eskilstuna and Solingen I bought the first good looking Filarmonica that came my way a some years ago. A BAD decision. It turned out to be totally unusable as a shaver. A very expensive lesson was learned and I decided to stick to Swedish razors and some German and French brands, preferably with a thumb notch. Its been my policy ever since. Even so as time passed by I once again started wondering about the hype of the Filarmonica razors and decided to give it another go, but this time I did my homework and ended up with this, then NOS, generation II, and it is indeed a very fine razor that has given me great shaves the last couple of years, just as it did today.

Have a nice day, it's time for me to get back to cleaning, washing, carpeting, cooking and painting. Aren't weekends supposed to be relaxing?

IMG_20170512_194445.jpg

The end of the school year is always way to busy. Haven't posted in a while but have been enjoying the straight razor shaves. Here's today's blade...
DSC_3114 - Revisor Extra.jpg

Razor: Otto Busch

Strop: TM Spanish Bridle

Soap: Trumper Spanish Leather

Brush: Semogue

Aftershave #1: Thayer’s WH

Aftershave #2: Trumper Spanish Leather

Balm: Nivea

Talc: Clubman

IMG_6468.jpg

Top Bottom