Barrister & Mann Nordost Shave Soap
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Barrister & Mann Nordost Splash
Barrister & Mann Nordost Balm
Semogue SOC 24mm Two Band Badger Brush
BABB682B-DD0E-4578-A764-0420CF498B92.jpeg
8584AEC5-E25E-4F7F-94F1-572591E8CD95.jpeg
CDB11F9C-6DD7-473D-B249-4EF5D1551A06.jpeg

This morning I shaved with another of my ⅝ Cadman Bengall SRs. It taught me a lesson in concentration. Must have been a faulty blade.

The first time in SR shaving that I have ever felt the need for a band-aid.
ouch

more caffeine my friend prior to wielding sharp objects. Black Tea has some caffeine if coffee not good in tropical environments.

Macaque dung would have sealed that up in a hurry......and promoted excellerated whisker growth. the metrics don't lie.

camo

Thursday, June 23rd 2022
Today again with my Heinrich Böker (#19):
  • Preshave: Hot Shower, some Baby-Oil and Proraso green PS
  • Razor: Heinrich Böker "King Cutter" 5/8" round point, after 14 rounds of stropping, three passes (WTG-XTG-ATG) and minor corrections
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino "Cubebe"
  • Brush: Nightdivers K9 Badger
  • Bowl: none
  • AS: Saponificio Varesino "Cubebe" AS
  • ASB: Nivea Men Sensitive cool ASB
  • Frag: Câline Homme Intense Gold EdT.
The King Cutter made me feel like a king. Only minor corrections necessary, as after the three normal passes, closeness was alredy astonishing.
With the last few strokes, I lowered a small pimple, no problem for the alum stone. Cubebe is a fine quality shaving soap.
Very pleasant and close shave; 9,9/10.

IMG_0236.jpg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Now I’m wondering if you can make a hone out of that stone @Edmund A ?

Iwasaki Swedish steel kamisori with a kiita edge, software was AdP wannabees, SV Asylum Colonia beta 4.3 and Fine Italian Citrus AS. The SV Colonia is great soap, and the scent is good but lacks some of the more delicate or nuanced notes that AdP cream scent has, but still an excellent scent. The Fine IC surprised me, it’s quite close to AdP. A Semogue Galahad did the lathering.

AdP Colonia type scents are great any time of the year, but it’s particularly nice in summer I think.

1231775E-CAE8-47FE-A316-217F15674A55.jpeg

Sometimes a man has to look himself in the face... and revise his goatee edging.

So I pulled out the new Revisor. And the Tabac stick plus one of my most precise boars. Having shaved, at most, a couple square inches, I treated myself to a full splash of Gabels Bay Rum.
5C8F4AA7-4B5B-468D-B6AA-8C7E28E7C350.jpeg

Top Bottom