What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
00C2216E-F595-48D7-8064-35B1CBBE7DD3.jpeg

It doesn’t get much better than this. I’m glad that I spent some more time on the 1k to sort this razor out. After a couple of sessions on the arks it’s really singing again.

Two pass perfection. Smooth, comfortable and not a hint of alum sting anywhere. This could be my best SR shave to date.

6A3E954A-529E-41E8-BAF4-4608D3BC38E5.jpeg

Last edited:
naturalstone2501.jpeg

Two natural stones local find thanks to dear Great Friend ORKUN !!! I tested with Gold Dollars.
Right Blue One works perfect with slurry. From zero to shave ready in 40 minutes it is not a fast stone but very comfortable shave.
Left the grey one, works after 1K King. I did not arrive to set the bevel with this one and I followed the instruction of Dear Friend ORKUN and grab the King 1K and when I am done with the King 1K, I works some 10 minutes without slurry and reached to a shave ready edge.
I tested both during this morning shave.
Both edge are very comfortable. It is hard to difrentiate which SR honed with which stone.
So both stones deserve a decent spot on my SROTD.
Brush: Jaguar 117/24
Soap:Arko
AS: Homemade

5/8 FA Clauberg "Halberd" / vintage Colgate + modern Old Spice = a smooth DFS for #24. Stopped using this one after (using a loupe) I noticed a spot in the middle where the edge appeared off--one side has what I initially thought was a rolled edge, series of micro chips or missing edge, but the other side of the edge appears clean and even. I'm beginning to think it's a shadow being cast by either a slightly rolled, or a wire edge that stropping hasn't removed and it's still hanging on. It passed several HHTs so I stropped and used it this morning without issues, but I'm still planning to rework/touchup the edge to eliminate the "issue" without resetting the bevel.
Halberd Shave 3.jpg

Still trying to figure out how to create a fine edge. Using one of the AC coticules and finishing on the ILR premium. Haven't made it to the shave yet, but today is the first day I have stropped on linen/leather after "honing". I have a razor in TX with B&B member Pedigree getting a full treatment. I will use this razor as a baseline for how awful my honing skills are...
PXL_20220125_145212279.PORTRAIT.jpg

Ce rasoir a-t-il été conçu par Salvador Dali ? Est-il considéré comme un rasoir droit ?🙂
Hello,
Yes, it is considered a straight razor. It was designed by Ryuchi Saito, a famous master barber in Japan. It is a SK1. There are 2 other models less curved: SK2 and SK3.
It is perfect for shaving angular faces. The blade is very short making it very handy and the curvature allows it to reach difficult places while shaving.
It is a very good blade

Top Bottom