What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

4DA4137D-9DA8-4979-9090-3D413C1653CC.jpeg

98435D76-93B0-4777-859C-4A0853B1B43E.jpeg

Ertan Süer's 5/8 Legend Köruğlu
Mama Bear's Haitian Vetiver and Ach. Brito Mogno
Semogue's SOC in boar (brush 2 unused today)
Walgreen witch hazel

Late shave. Lazy day. Prompt post...

Tip o' the hat to Alan, for the format I stole. This thread is looking sweeter by the day!

We'll file today under "all's well that ends well." I had the Dahlgren up to bat for frameback Friday, but the edge felt a little off. So I set it aside and grabbed the shavette with a Feather Pro that had 3 or 4 shaves on it. Felt very nice and smooth. But...as I was doing my XTG pass on the chin, I noticed that it wasn't taking hair off. At all! Did another quick swipe ATG under the chin and it took a few but left most of it untouched. No, the blade wasn't loaded backwards, I checked 😆. I guess I expected some tugging but it was just happily sliding right over the hairs.

So I grabbed a fresh blade and all was right with the world again. Super close, a little blood, everything you'd expect from a Feather Pro.

Stirling Haverford and Clubman SR for the smellum.

Attachments

• 20220114_065120.jpg
    20220114_065120.jpg
    640.3 KB · Views: 9
We'll file today under "all's well that ends well." I had the Dahlgren up to bat for frameback Friday, but the edge felt a little off. So I set it aside and grabbed the shavette with a Feather Pro that had 3 or 4 shaves on it. Felt very nice and smooth. But...as I was doing my XTG pass on the chin, I noticed that it wasn't taking hair off. At all! Did another quick swipe ATG under the chin and it took a few but left most of it untouched. No, the blade wasn't loaded backwards, I checked 😆. I guess I expected some tugging but it was just happily sliding right over the hairs.

I was actually thinking about taking my Feather AC for a ride around the block - after using the AC for about two weeks, I ended up buying my first traditional straight and never ended up using the AC again.

I was actually thinking about taking my Feather AC for a ride around the block - after using the AC for about two weeks, I ended up buying my first traditional straight and never ended up using the AC again.
How many shaves do you get off a blade? I haven't really used it enough to get a read but today's experience was just, well, weird.

6/8 Wester Brothers / Seaforth vintage soap / Redken Brews Shave Balm -- #23 Speaking of soap wanting to dry out, I used a little wetter lather, then stropped the razor and suddenly noticed what struck me as snow, but it was floating upward and around me! I dipped the brush tips in water and after several applications was able to get it to rehydrate and smoothen out, but some of the lather bubbles stayed aloft for a bit, which was odd (with I had the mind to snap a picture). First 3 pass SR shave--not bad results, but no where near great; needs work and something I'll probably only do on Fridays to carry through the weekend.
C90AB4AF-94C4-4973-9DB2-6D4C6A107AFD.jpeg

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I picked up and began using the AC SS folding razor with Pro Guard blades around the same time I started using SR’s. It lasted about a half dozen shaves until I figured straights were my thing. It’s a decent tool and gets good results…just not my thing as far as feel and comfort are concerned.

Top Bottom