What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
So You Want A Ralf Aust

Well you can't have mine!

This morning was my first shave with a Ralf Aust. All I can say is WOW!

I received this SR a few days ago while I was away on business. Last night I tested the edge. As received, it tree-toped but not quite to my desired standard so I put it through a full diamond pasted balsa strop progression.

full

I don't believe that a SR can get any better than this. I will stick with my Ralf Aust for the next three shaves to get to know it more intimately before shaving again with me Revisor 6-0035 to compare.

My Ralf Aust is my first SR with an American (square) point. I let my concentration laps just a little and the blade let me know with just the slightest of a nick near my ear. It is not the fault of the razor. I am use to shaving with few pointy and sharp Spanish points. Maybe I was a little over confident.

So You Want A Ralf Aust

I received this SR a few days ago while I was away on business. Last night I tested the edge. As received, it tree-toped but not quite to my desired standard so I put it through a full diamond pasted balsa strop progression.

full

I don't believe that a SR can get any better than this. I will stick with my Ralf Aust for the next three shaves to get to know it more intimately before shaving again with me Revisor 6-0035 to compare.

My Ralf Aust is my first SR with an American (square) point. I let my concentration laps just a little and the blade let me know with just the slightest of a nick near my ear. It is not the fault of the razor. I am use to shaving with few pointy and sharp Spanish points. Maybe I was a little over confident.

I seem to recall a long time ago......a certain refined Gent informing about "doesn't bet any better."

glad your branching out and exploring!!!!

camo

So You Want A Ralf Aust

full

I like those scales.

F6CB0AA5-822D-4B64-A5E9-C313080BB71A.jpeg
3A08F803-9C19-49E4-AD36-C1E42DC4C432.jpeg
Cape 35, ( tanifuji)
Noble Otter Neon Sun
One amazing shave, best to date with razor
Received two Noble Otter soaps today, this one and Two Kings which haven’t used yet,
Well blended, scent, lather and post outstanding, loving this scent, and shave experience, First use Neon Sun
Wow
Razor refreshed , first time using asano nagaras
Sublime edge

Top Bottom