What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Honkin' French wedge "Besset Jeune,"
Ever-Ready 1914,
Arrow 10 brush and PdP No. 63.
20211024_202407.jpg

20211024_202514.jpg

Super Doll - another great performance
499791E8-CF45-47DF-82FB-2756E2EE48D6.jpeg

Soon the Slantember/OCtober block will be finished and my family support activity will slow. My SRs will be my main tools again, for leisurely shaves.

Somehow a fast and furious road trip me a couple hours to double my SR restoration queue. They were new (and happy) hunting grounds. I'll have some new razors in the rotation in a few weeks.

NOS Henkotsu Kamisori
2nd shave with the kamisori. Not usually an SR shave-day due to work but just unable to ignore the urge so woke up earlier to do this shave. Wow...no regrets! This kamisori handle & edge is so easy, smooth & comfortable in 3passes I was able to improve the results significantly from the 1st use to between bbs to dfs without any issues. The trick is in the angle...thoroughly enjoyed the session!
20211024_213048.jpg

I have that razor and it shaves very well. It was won with a very low bid and turned out to be quite a bargain.
I can’t claim I won with a really low bid as it was BIN, but it was at a price where I only hesitated long enough to take another good look at the photos before purchasing. I have always been quite pleased about the value one gets with the razors from Little Valley and neighboring region (heck US in general). This particular one is in great condition - it actually could somewhat cut a tomato as received and honing was a breeze.

Yasuki 100
A&E Asian Pear
Maggard 24mm 2-band badger.

I’m not that big on gold wash and spine detailing. And while I appreciate horn scales, I can live without it. But what really catches my eye is a sleek shape on the blade. This Yasuki was one such razor, love at first sight. Turns out it’s a great shaver too! My first Japanese razor but not my last. 🙂

8AEAC7DB-AD85-4404-A7B0-764A46D11F54.jpeg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I think if they are original scales. In the first batches of the Filarmonica manufacture, scales with metallic engravings of country motifs were launched in which reindeer or deer appear in different scenes
Greetings.

Alfredo has one with those type scales.

13/16 Coral, another really nicely made Japanese razor. soap and AS were AdP lathered with a Keyhole 4. It doesn’t get better.

04B8E860-1188-4487-9B59-05E05DBC4A51.jpeg

Top Bottom