What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

American shave day.
Hart steel 7/8
A&E
A brush you don't want to drop on your toes:)
20210926_110212.jpg

Maggard Day!
1694B08C-15B0-48BB-88D2-31921E1C2D47.jpeg

Maggard-badged ttffc 6/8 1/4 hollow by James Arman
Maggard Mango Sage soap, made for Maggard by Maria Arman also at ttffc
Maggard 22mm B&W synth (I assume from China)
Scales and brush handle by yours truly

I bought the razor sans scales and it took awhile to find the time to pick a scale material and get the scales made. I honed yesterday and took it for the first shave today. Very sharp, pretty smooth - this is 0-1 tool steel advertised as 61 HRC, so I’m guessing that it well get a little more mellow feeling after additional touches to the 0.1u pasted balsa. The toe is currently unmuted - better for getting at those nose hairs! :) This is one of only 2 razors I own that was bought new, quite pleased with it so far!

A little tête-à-tête today, two new-to-me Swedish framebacks. The Dahlgren (ivory) was my edge, the Engstrom was the seller's edge. The Dahlgren required some real aggression to get the bevel set, but it came together quickly after that. The smiley toe, which I didn't really like, turned out to be great for edging my goatee.

Both shaved better than I expected. Slight edge to Dahlgren. It seems a little better balanced and was buttery smooth on the third pass.

20210926_133313.jpg

J.A. Henckels (carbon steel) 17 7/8 full hollow
Semogue 1800 boar
Stirling Scots Pine Sheep with Orange Chill (brand new batch with 3 to 1 ratio)
Pinaud Clubman

I used my hard black ark for the first time in almost a year to finish the Henckels. Nice crisp/keen edge. My wife doesn't like Pinaud, so I have to rinse my face afterward but it's worth it.

20210926_200032503_iOS.jpg

Jethro/Fikira has it translated on his site. Just scroll down tilll you find it.

Thanks for that! I've seen the page numerous times but still need to read it.

Top Bottom