What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Great shave today. It’s been a while since I’ve used the MK31 but man it’s a great razor. It’s definitely my smallest and lightest SR but it takes a wickedly sharp edge. The razor feels delicate and encourages a light touch. The Swedish steel means business though. I find that it pairs perfectly with my vintage Norton trans ark. A diamond edge is too much on this razor. The ark is just a slight touch down in sharpness but miles ahead in comfort. The Baume set didn’t disappoint either. It never does.

3918749D-7033-44EC-87FD-3417855D6616.jpeg

Thiers-Issard H11 6/8 Feston, Walnut handle. A good shave and very smooth

I had some time on the weekend to attend to all my razors on diamond paste and TI Chromox progression, they all turned out quite well so I'm set for the week without having to strop or prepare anything first thing in the morning.

P9130056 (2).JPG

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Filarmonica Sub Cero, cream was my first outing with English made Erasmic (plastic tube). I had heard the gentlemen on an English forum speak highly of Erasmic, so when a couple of tubes appeared during a Pasteur’s sale, I popped them in the basket. Preliminary impressions are that it’s quite good, excellent even. The scent is kind of a light aquatic in the vein of AoS Ocean Kelp. The performance leaves little to be desired except that it isn’t the most conditioning cream ever, but nothing a splash of your favorite AS shouldn’t fix perfectly.

The brush was a Keyhole 3 and Myrsol Formula C paired nicely.

AE4D618A-6C20-4B23-860B-E9A2A5AA47D6.jpeg

Is the MK 32 a 5/8 or an 6/8? I see them advertised as 5/8 some places. I have been considering getting one, but my preferred size is 6/8.

Actually have not measured but pretty sure it is a 6/8. Although there will be a lot of used ones coming in around 5/8. I also would suggest getting a helje mk 4 (or any 5/8 heljestrand without thumb notch). Awesome razor and usually pretty affordable (I am bias though as that is my favorite razor ha)

Actually have not measured but pretty sure it is a 6/8. Although there will be a lot of used ones coming in around 5/8. I also would suggest getting a helje mk 4 (or any 5/8 heljestrand without thumb notch). Awesome razor and usually pretty affordable (I am bias though as that is my favorite razor ha)
I have one mk 4:) There are some new old stock mk 32's i am considering, with thumb notch. Good steel, and easy to hone.

Greaves 6/8
A&E Asian Pear
SOC boar

so last week I was playing with new honing methods - the success as you might imagine was mixed with the result that I had a few shaves rougher than normal.

So today took it easy with a razor that represents a past honing success. You might wonder at that given the amount of hone wear but given how bent this blade was, I’m happy just to have put an edge on it at all.

26E19491-C70F-43E8-910C-4403ACE734F3.jpeg

Dorko 42,
I think this is my 7th shave
While other shave were awesome, they were not spectacular
All prior shaves were 6k and up as I assume bevel was good,, well went back to 2k, cherry tomato test pass), 6,8,12k nani,,,
Shave spectacular
My initial foundation was not good
Heavy grind and a great edge, whiskers have no chance
Amazing BBS,,,,
Post smoothness of edge no irritation

proxy.php

Top Bottom