What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

RAZOR: Comoy's of London 6/8"
CREAM: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
BRUSH: Maggards synthetic knot
STROP: Black Beauty double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Proraso Green
20210904_100103.jpg

Actually, there was no loss. This is the original design of the model 363. I have had a few others and they have the same shape too. It was an odd way of making a shoulderless blade. Le Grelot shoulderless thumbnotch are quarter hollow, whereas this one is much hollower, which might be the reason.

Thanks for your reply. As others have pointed out, I mistook some lather on the blade for a sizeable chip. Aging eyes and reading glasses trick me again.

Thiers-Issard, Spartacus, SG-BD-DIAM-7/8188-A, carbonsong C-135, rosewood scales.
proxy.php
That is a great blade in a fabulous configuration.

I can see that you like Dior Eau Savage. I used it quite a lot in the mid 1980's and I was contemplating to buy it once again, but the different versions confused med. What's the difference between Extreme and the ordinary version? Would you have any knowledge if one of them would resemble the version I used back then?

This is my second shave with the Iwasaki, purchased new. The razor still has the factory edge, and has only been stropped on linen and shell cordovan. My understanding is that the shop (Mizuochi-san) no longer finishes on jnats and recommends the Shapton 30k. That stone costs more than the razor. I'm thinking that when it comes time to touch up this edge, I'll have to step up and buy that 30k. I don't want to mess with success. This razor came in at silent HHT 5.

Iwasaki.jpg

This is my second shave with the Iwasaki, purchased new. The razor still has the factory edge, and has only been stropped on linen and shell cordovan. My understanding is that the shop (Mizuochi-san) no longer finishes on jnats and recommends the Shapton 30k. That stone costs more than the razor. I'm thinking that when it comes time to touch up this edge, I'll have to step up and buy that 30k. I don't want to mess with success. This razor came in at silent HHT 5.

View attachment 1322606

Beautiful!

Vr

Matt

Top Bottom