What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Yasuki Special Steel,
Gem Heavy Flat Top,
Rubberset 153 synthetic with Stirling Green all 'round.

PSFix_20210801_105421.jpeg

Razor: Japanese Parker 510, Swedish steel
Edge: By Alfredo
Soap: Barrister & Mann Bay Rum
Brush: High Mountain White knot set in jade by Elite Razor
After splash: Lucky Tiger

This blade came in with a smile at one end and a frown on the other. I could never have honed this and @Doc226 outdid himself here. The shave was quite smooth with no irritation. I found that the Barrister & Mann produced the richest lather I have made to date. I only have a small sample but will buy a full puck when it runs out. Best to all and stay safe!

Parker.jpg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I’ve been testing stones for the past two days, a piece of Italian slate from a pool table and a new JNat. This is actually yesterday’s shave with the slate edge and it was excellent - details in the honing thread. Soap was Stirling Lime and the AS was Myrsol Limon, a great hot weather pair, and a Keyhole 3 did the lathering honors.

Today’s shave was with the same razor honed on a new JNat, so I won’t bore you with the same razor two days in a row. Here’s an oldie but a still a nice pair.

89FE31C3-8B2F-4F2F-8B49-BFB191678AF8.jpeg
3F03C6F4-F988-495E-9C28-839B94336F1F.jpeg

Filimonica 13 6/8 ,
Bring new, got hit with fili bug, ( you guys fault posting pics,) snagged my first fili off bay
Was quickly advised that it is stongly recommended that purchasing a fili, to look for JMP mark on tang as 3rd gen and 4th quality issues
( rookie mistake)., but luckily above razor most likely a 3rd gen model

Razor honed up but took longer than what was used too but surprisingly razor had never bern honed and took longer,,, upon honing up razor took a fabulous edge i got about 30 marvelous shaves and could probably go longer
Luckily this blank was an excellent grind, and a gem [emoji184],,,,,
Few notes, strongly recommend if buying Fili, obtain one with JMP, and dont be afraid to consult with experts in this forum, i was lucky as this razor is an amazing shaver
Special thanks to forum member who educated me
Luckily this is a marvelous razor and grind
I own another jmp 13,,,it’s amazing as well but this 13 Novodor has different grind than my other 13
Both amazing but surprisingly different shavers
New jnat edge
Shave superb [emoji3]
proxy.php

proxy.php

Mon 2nd SR SOTD
Cream Arko Cool
Brush Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HA + TGS Sea Citrus
This cream has been long-ignored and wow it was dang nice. Pleasant fresh scent and woooo, what a lovely creamy slick lather...some cooling sensation too!
Shave with the razor was uneventful but still not satisfied with the efficiency. The edge was still smooth and comfortable in 3passes+ for a between ccs to sas result without any weepers.
20210802_150828.jpg

Top Bottom