What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Honestly I'm going to have to thin the scales down at the pivot or just rescale it because it's too awkward to strop easily. can't get a good grip on the tang when it's open to 180 degrees. But it was fun to make.
I have an EA Berg and it is a great shaver worth a nice set of scales. Mine came with broken scales at a great price and I had someone make scales for me.

I have an EA Berg and it is a great shaver worth a nice set of scales. Mine came with broken scales at a great price and I had someone make scales for me.
Absolutely. I'm not always a fan of a narrower blade but this is a special little razor. The scales that were on it were garbage, cheap, generic faux carved ivory and about a half inch too long, so I thought I'd try something fun. I have some pretty horn on the way that might work better. Or some walnut in the drawer too. When I made these scales I wasn't really expecting to like this razor as much, so I gave less thought to usability than I should have. But it definitely needs to be in my regular rotation because it's a really nice shaver.

Incredible shave. "Incredible" as in "I can't believe I'm getting a quality shave from a lightly honed $20 vintage store razor".

5260FFC5-4AFA-459D-8DD1-539C7E56B2C5.jpeg

It could sever a hanging hair as it came from the shop. I gave it 50 laps each on Naniwa 8k and 12k super stones, followed by the balsa/diamond strop progession and a light stropping on Tony Miller linen/roughout horse. Now the hanging hair popped right across the blade. I dug out a couple Anglo brushes to keep it company on the inaugural shave.

Super smooth shave, very close.
>G Wostenholm & Son Pipe razor
>Col Conk Lime / $6 Vulfix boar for hydration lather
>Arko / Simpson Duke 1 Best for shaving lather
>alum, Richard's Rub, Pinaud Lime Sec - more A/S product than needed, but I was proving to myself how smooth the shave had been. Amazing.
21FEA4BE-4437-40E1-8C95-3F6231BBB7EF.jpeg

Fri 30 SR SOTD
Soap Cukur May Chang & Basil (Cukur means Shave)
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Dorko Solingen Near Wedge 3rd Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + HA + Clubman Gents Gin
1st use of this locally made soft soap. The scent is what I like most...herbs? flowers? Just very clean & aromatic scent. The lather was great too...creamy and slick enough. Absolutely enjoyed this soft soap...there's more to come according to the supplier.
This is the razor's 3rd shave on a jnat edge and somehow it felt much better. It was abit more efficient too. 3+1passes for a ccs to sas result and no weepers nor irritation. Enjoyable SR session top-off by some excellent aftershaves.
20210730_104957.jpg

Top Bottom