What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

MK 5
2021_07_20.jpg

New to me off the BST...

A.W. Wadsworth & Son XLNT, made in Germany and imported to the US by successful hardware/cutlery entrepreneur Adolf Kastor, who also built up Camillus to produce cutlery Stateside. I suppose that Kastor chose the "AWW&Son XLNT" branding to echo Sheffield's heritage. He both imported and manufactured cutlery, driven I suppose by various marketing and tariff concerns.

B20CBFF8-7495-42EE-A5E2-D40D599EE19B.jpeg

It arrived looking very nice, well centered, solid pins, able to part a hanging hair across the blade. I thought a little edge improvement was justified, so I showed this briefly to my Naniwa 12k and took it through the balsa/diamond progression.

Comfortable, but not completely effective. Rather than trying too hard, I gave the Wunderbar/Kai combo one pass of work to do. I expect backing up to 5k and 8k will get this edge right where I want it.

Wed 21 SR SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk BayRum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Henkels & Friodur 472
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Alum + Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Hyaluronic + Clubman VIBR
Good qualities from the soap. Creamy and slick with quite a mild scent...
Shave with this razor after putting it through the 3 pasted strops was noticeably sharper but smoother? Perhaps...but 3passes for another sas result and a couple of weepers plus some red irritated neck...😄😄
20210721_093530.jpg

Top Bottom