What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

This one is interesting.It’s another of my vintage online finds.It was cheap and had character.
the scales are hand made as well as the pins.
It’s a Joseph Elliots blade that is ground very thin..It took a very nice edge and is a joy to use ATG.”I challenge the world”
E899CC06-A1AF-4D10-98E7-02337761FE24.jpeg

Wostenholm & Sons faux frameback
A&E Peach & Cognac
Muhle Pure Badger

One of my favorite razors due to its unique character. From the side it looks like a shoulderless extra hollow, I design of which I have several examples. But below the wide spine this is is actually a narrow wedge. A very mellow shaver with a tip that screams “let’s go after those nose hairs!” :)

99787C66-50A2-4DC7-B6C3-FE3C2289F2FF.jpeg

Tonight is a cool blue shave after a red-hot day!

Wade and Butcher with cactus and resin scales, Mom's Gillette flare tip.
Reworked mystery brush with Shave Forge Silvertip knot. Used mahogany and rock hard Chinese pallet wood to rebuild the brush.
Stirling Island Man soap and edging oil.

20210606_192524.jpg

Today I was comparing the old Valobra-made Czech and Speake soap to the newly minted one, so a bit of an odd SOTD image today. Results are in the Czech and Speake thread in the soaps forum. Brushes were two Keyhole 3 and the AS was Czech and Speake 88. The razor was a freshly honed Filarmonica 14 Sub Cero.

View attachment 1277138

Yeahp! Those scales are beautiful Steve! You the man!

Vr

Matt

Ok so technically i haven't shaved with it yet...it's my 1st straight.I'm a de guy but had the urge to get a straight to try out..it's a vintage welkman and son nabob 6/8.has anyone heard of this razor?apparently it's rare and i can't find any info online about it

Part 2 of my Henckels weekend - today with a yellow theme:

J.A. Henckels Friodur 17 7/8 inch, stainless steel, singing half hollow
Zenith M5 27.5 mm 2-band Manchurian badger with olive wood handle
Stirling Glastonbury with Orange Chill
Myrsol Agua de Limon

I really like this razor. Really sharp edge with plenty of heft. I think I can tell the difference between my carbon steel and stainless 17s. The carbon steel 17 feels a little crisper.

I have not used the Zenith for a while and forgot just how soft but firm their Manchurian badger is. If you want a nice badger without breaking the bank, Zenith is an excellent choice!

First time using the Agua de Limon. Simpler and refreshing citrus scent. A winner!

20210606_164007649_iOS.jpg

I used my Feather SS today with Mystic Marrakash shave stick (not my favorite scent), Truefitt and Hill pre-shave oil, my Beaufort B1. Today's shave was a terrific start to a big week. Today was also a horrible
IMG_1777.JPG
hair day, hence the Truefitt and Hill Limnol hair tonic. I hope everyone has an awesome start to the week!

Top Bottom