Shave marvelous
Feels good to hone your own razors from scratch
Irritation free bbs[emoji3] achieved
Wholly Kaw ,Vor V soap and Splash
proxy.php

proxy.php

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Cape 1000 Swedish Steel, an unusual razor that might end up in vintage ivory if I can fins some that fits. The existing scales are too small, misaligned, and the heel is ‘feelable’ at the bottom when the razor is closed. There was always a question if these were made by Tanifuji, and in this case there’s no doubt, it has Tanifuji stamps on the pile side tang. I’ve seen a couple of these around. Cream was T&H UC lathered with a Simpsons 59 (no lather shortage today) and SMN lavande finished up a BBS shave.

3433D930-B09E-4FCC-BCD3-C4D4C2C6F45C.jpeg
F7079E9A-FD8B-41A4-B721-F22A73144024.jpeg

Dovo Carre - still just diamond/balsa progression to finish factory edge. HHT and I agree it is wicked sharp. Time to back off to just 200k/0.1u maintenance stropping.
Tony Miller 3" linen/roughout hoursehide strop - 20/30
RazoRock Wunderbar - Rapira PL (7), Ti handle. Used to subdue the right side neck maelstrom. I have to confess I went after it from a variety of angles with the Yellow Boy yesterday. End result: irritation, one weeper, no improvement in closeness. So a very light touch was required there with both razors today.
Ach. Brito Mogno - stick works very well with this fine soap
"Stubby" - my homebuilt black walnut black badger
Florida Limeade - badger barbershop blend. Summer! Well, warm weather at least. The skiing is getting sticky.
F887BF8E-7375-4866-BA05-419FB0DA9CDE.jpeg

Filimonica 13p
Non JMP Stamp model
Luckily this appears amazing good blank
Testing edge retention
4th shave, on this edge, which has gotten more marvelous than first shave on edge
Stopping /edge is getting more sharper and smoother , testing how long edge last
Hot Shower , wholly kaw soap and splash
Bottom razor , 13p Jmp,,,
proxy.php

Top Bottom