What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

494E988C-681E-4531-B908-13DCB4F9A226.jpeg
8C72B2A0-707C-480C-AE40-B0D2E3B24D42.jpeg
1C479CB9-0EF1-4119-A55E-BBAA8F87C1C9.jpeg
A45AC955-D063-4C4E-809D-A0C7579F704D.jpeg

Congratulations @kohalajohn - stunning razor!

Tim Z does amazing work.

If you look where the pivot pin should be there is instead, a tiny chicago screw that Tim made himself. The razor came with a tiny screwdriver.

Super easy to remove the scales, polish up the pivot area and reassemble.

The scales are amboynia burl.

This will be the only razor I use tape on. I want to protect that damascus finish on the spine.

Here is a picture of the tiny screw in the pivot hole.

1620761406869.png

RAZOR: S.K.Colling & Co 5/8"
CREAM: A&E Kaizen
BRUSH: Zenith natural timber & Maggards synthetic knot
STROP: Dovo hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Chanell Allure
20210512_082829.jpg

First time using the 'new' brush. It's an old Zenith that I re-knotted with a synthetic. I'm going to replace all my knots in this way once they become too thin.

Chubby 1
Shannon's Barbershop in a hot scuttle
Tony Millar horse
Proraso sandalwood

But it's not about that. This morning was about my first shave with my first custom razor. Tim Zowada hand made Damascus, shoulderless, french point, in burl.
Tim used a jnat to put a wicked edge on it.
After an enjoyable two months of conversations with Tim, had a wonderful shave this morning.
Tim is a guy who digs up iron ore from the sands of lake side beaches. Respect to that.

View attachment 1265025
I... NEED... that...
What a work of art!

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
6/8 Robert Klass Kissing Cranes, another oldie but goodie, soap and AS were Floris 89 and a Rooney brush did the lathering. Those of you who were around in the ‘70s will remember that Robert Klass made some junk, especially pocket knives. The steel was excellent, but the fit and finish was below Gold Dollar levels. This razor is not junk though, it’s very well made, nice scales and crisp jimps top and bottom. Just a nice mellow old Solingen razor.

365E85BC-6DE9-4B7C-AB49-4BC24FF9DBD2.jpeg

Chubby 1
Shannon's Barbershop in a hot scuttle
Tony Millar horse
Proraso sandalwood

But it's not about that. This morning was about my first shave with my first custom razor. Tim Zowada hand made Damascus, shoulderless, french point, in burl.
Tim used a jnat to put a wicked edge on it.
After an enjoyable two months of conversations with Tim, had a wonderful shave this morning.
Tim is a guy who digs up iron ore from the sands of lake side beaches. Respect to that.

View attachment 1265025
OH SNAP!!! That^^^^^, is one sexy beast!!!

USA! USA! USA!
Yellow Boy, Cattaraugus Cutlery, Little Valley, N.Y.
Tony Miller roughout horsehide and linen
Williams Mug in a Hull Pottery Old Spice mug
Ever-Ready 139 vintage knot badger
Richard's Rub (Osage Rub/Dickinson's WH toner 50/50)
F6F10507-5484-47A1-A409-A71D77B7E5C5.jpeg

Plenty of hone wear on this boy, but it takes and holds an edge, no problem. A personal favorite.

Top Bottom