What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Following the recent shave with "Sunday" from the WWII-era NOS 7-day set, I spent most of Monday refining all the blades and edges. I'd now rate the set pretty much 'shave-ready' and today took a ride with the Tuesday blade, which did excellent.

yardley rubberset garantie solingen tuesday black label april 20 2021.jpg

RAZOR: Comoy's of London 6/8"
CREAM: Nobble Otter - Barrbarr
BRUSH: Maggards Best Badger knot
STROP: Dovo hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Paco Rabane
20210421_081005.jpg

Literally just finished the shave using NO Barrbarr (thanks Wilkshire13 for the sample). It was soft and squished to the bottom of the bowl, added a little water and got a good lather. It was slick and cushioning and gave a great shave. To me it smells sweet and a bit like ginger bread. Quite nice.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Round 2 with the orihi kamisori, The Yama-Dai (top) is now honed and in good order, and was ‘butterknife’ smooth. The tapered one was good, but noticeably not as smooth as the other two - it’s fighting me a little. Always a problem child in the lot with straights! So back to the hones once again, but the bevel is good so there will not be much wear, just a refinish. Not that there would be a lot anyway, these razors are of super hard steel.

Soap was I Coloniali Mango Oil and the balm IC Rhubarb. A Keyhole 3 did the lathering. Super nice shave, powdered BBS.

E819F3B6-A8C3-4BDC-807D-8ECD92B2BBCD.jpeg

LINDEN 127 Silver Steel 76mm blade Japanese Straight Razor by T Tanifuji
Wholly Kaw Fougere Mania soap and splash
Edge and shave amazing
Edge, 2k glass, 6khc glass, finish with rare polishing film 0.3, 3-4 swipes across palm only few drip water
No stopping just few strokes
Sharp and butter smooth edge , amazing samari razor
Pivot pin needs tightened but care needed until tighten
Cheers

proxy.php

Top Bottom