What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Bismarck!

No, not that one. Bismarck Razor Works, Solingen, sold by E. Geh Co., Cleveland, O.
5/8, well pinned straight bone scales. I should probably clean up the blade a little.
193ABFD0-8DC8-46EB-963F-E64F1B107499.jpeg

I had forgotten what a nice edge I put on this one. Method, if I remember correctly. Stropped today on 200k diamond balsa and Tony Miller Old No.2 steerhide. Black badger and Cella, Richard's Rub and Pinaud Lime Sec. Delightful. LOTH shaving the sunburned back of my neck with the New LC - not quite as delightful.

Bismarck!

No, not that one. Bismarck Razor Works, Solingen, sold by E. Geh Co., Cleveland, O.
5/8, well pinned straight bone scales. I should probably clean up the blade a little.
View attachment 1253317
I had forgotten what a nice edge I put on this one. Method, if I remember correctly. Stropped today on 200k diamond balsa and Tony Miller Old No.2 steerhide. Black badger and Cella, Richard's Rub and Pinaud Lime Sec. Delightful. LOTH shaving the sunburned back of my neck with the New LC - not quite as delightful.
That blade face looks great. There are those that want mirror polished finishes and do not want patina or signs of age. To each his own. I'll take the bone and patina.

So I succumbed to this auction item, NOS 7-day set, which was complete with the original customs declaration when it was shipped from Germany in 1948. Albeit missing one day. Required some minor work on sandpaper and stones to take out chips on a couple of the blades and re-set the bevel. The customs form gave ID and location of the original buyer, while ancestry.com yielded a photo. Shaved great! And, yes, Tommy Lasorda played for the minor league team in Schenectady that year!

proxy.php

So I succumbed to this auction item, NOS 7-day set, which was complete with the original customs declaration when it was shipped from Germany in 1948. Albeit missing one day. Required some minor work on sandpaper and stones to take out chips on a couple of the blades and re-set the bevel. The customs form gave ID and location of the original buyer, while ancestry.com yielded a photo. Shaved great! And, yes, Tommy Lasorda played for the minor league team in Schenectady that year!

proxy.php

Personally, I'm drooling over the OPAL shave stick.
BB757F9A-E2D1-4800-9FE6-D70F0C534C69.jpeg95F7249D-FEA8-49AA-99DA-81ED816C49F6.jpeg
I've only used Saturday out of my Wacker 7DS. Will somebody get the rest of the set in NOS condition some day?

Top Bottom