Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
L. Holzhauers Sons
Red Raven

D5B0E3F0-2AB9-44CA-BACF-35EAF256D344.jpeg

Robeson “New Science Concave” 5/8 bellied hollow
Pacific Shaving Co.
Maggards 18mm Timberwolf synth

Travel is still likely months away for me, but was thinking about it recently. Traditionally have face lathered using my fingers and a cream while on the road, but with the knowledge gained from B&B thought I would look into travel brush options. The Maggards 18mm had gotten some shout-outs so I got one to try out. I had understood that it was smaller but have to admit that I was a bit surprised to see it live - but hey, for travel small is good. It got a good lather out of the cream of choice and definitely is a few steps up from using my fingers to raise a lather!

A slow methodical shave with the Robeson. It is quite light and at the same time sharp and rigid. Not a razor where you can let your attention wander.
D4566A3E-139A-4C5A-AEDA-4B532E6E795D.jpeg

Early shave, late post.
PXL_20210226_145906253-01.jpeg

Wacker Old Sheffield
MdC Fougere
Heritage Collection Klenzo
Pinaud Clubman

Contemplating the FFMM with a straight so reached for a "fancy" one before tucking all but one away for a month. The MdC with the Klenzo was a test run as well. The knot is really dense with a lot of backbone and not so well suited to the creamy MdC lather. Not sure I can do that pair for a whole month... I'll test another soap/brush combo tomorrow. Running out of time to decide...

Early shave, late post.
View attachment 1228930
Wacker Old Sheffield
MdC Fougere
Pinaud Clubman

Contemplating the FFMM with a straight so reached for a "fancy" one before tucking all but one away for a month. The MdC with the Klenzo was a test run as well. The knot is really dense with a lot of backbone and not so well suited to the creamy MdC lather. Not sure I can do that pair for a whole month... I'll test another soap/brush combo tomorrow. Running out of time to decide...

I've already decided I have no sane reason to commit. good luck with your decision.

camo

Early shave, late post.
View attachment 1228930
Wacker Old Sheffield
MdC Fougere
Pinaud Clubman

Fantastic razor!

Top Bottom