What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

PXL_20210205_172323161-01.jpeg

Kama 23
Universal Lama Intera / 7 am
MWF
Heritage Collection Merit 99-5
Pinaud Clubman

Three passes with the Kama just didn't get me there. It was fresh off the relapped Les Lateneuses coticule. I think it's time to go back to reset the bevel.

Shavette to the rescue! One ATG pass got me my BBS result.

Tornblom 5/8” shoulderless
TOBS
SOC

I started my SR journey in October. Haven’t been keeping strict count, but averaging about 25 SR shaves a month, particularly the past 2 months, should be able to claim 100 by month’s end. This morning was one of the best shaves I can recall, DFS to BBS with virtually no irritation and no cuts after 3 passes. I love everything about the Tornblom except the thrashed pivot pin, which is loose and has resisted my efforts to tighten in.

The SOC is still a learning experience, but it has been working great with the TOBS (Photo taken at the end of the shave). Some other soaps/creams are not working quite as well yet. Near-term plan is to continue rotating razors daily but rotating soaps 1-2X per week so that I can spend more time dialing in the lathering process.View attachment 1218498
That blade is in good condition, and in my opinion a Törnblom shoulderless razor is among the very best Swedish razors you can get. I often refer to them as agile "sport cars". Over the years I've managed to get many greedy hands on quite a few of them. I fully understand why you like the razor.

The egret scales is not original but most likely comes from an older Solingen made razor from the beginning of the 1900's.

I selected the razor of the week from my Puma collection. It's the older version of the 69 5/8 half hollow razor. I never get tired of the elegant but minimalistic black and silver design of the Puma razors, that and their high quality regardless of when they where made. To me Puma razors are a combination of the best of Solingen and Eskilstuna.

puma 69 old.jpg

That blade is in good condition, and in my opinion a Törnblom shoulderless razor is among the very best Swedish razors you can get. I often refer to them as agile "sport cars". Over the years I've managed to get many greedy hands on quite a few of them. I fully understand why you like the razor.

The egret scales is not original but most likely comes from an older Solingen made razor from the beginning of the 1900's.

Thanks Polarbeard for the details!
Do you have an idea of the age of the Tornblom?

Thanks Polarbeard for the details!
Do you have an idea of the age of the Tornblom?
I'm not totally certain. They were in business between 1916 and 1956. Mostly their razors were 4/8, the most of the 5/8 were exported and made in the last half of the company's existence. So I'd say that your fine razor most likely is made in the forties or fifties.

Top Bottom