What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Le Grelot “ Médaille d’Or Paris 1931” - 13/16+
proxy.php

Just in today from Spain via my friend Gary in the U.K.
I resisted a Filarmonica for soooo long, I could not resist any longer.... more of an itch that needed to be scratched, or a question that needed to be answered. In any case, I'd peg this blade at a 98% example.. needed a bit of spit and polish, and the pivot pin tightened. Otherwise, it appears to have never been used.. certainly never felt a hone. All in all, I'm quite happy with it.. a very nice, lightweight shaver. It does have a certain sine qua non about it, in spite of the cheesy scales, which I'm not sure will last or not...
A nice shave...

1-14-2021

Warm Water Splash
Klar Kabinett Shave Soap
Morris&Forndran Blonde Badger
JMP Filarmonica Doble Temple #14
Scrupleworks Veggie Tanned Horse .. 30/50
Bloc Osma
Thayer's Witch Hazel .. Rose Petal
Penhaligon's English Fern EdT

A few points.. The Filli shaved well, as expected, after going all synthetic for 3K to the 12K Gouken. It handles nicely in the hand..
I feel a bit sorry for folks who came to the shave game after the demise of Klar Kabinett. They have missed certainly one of the best shave soaps ever produced .. bar none! I still have a stash that I use on special occasions..
The brush was pre-collaboration. This may or may not mean anything to anyone else, but it does to me and I guard my collection of original Lee Sabini brushes vigorously

In the end... today's shave was a good experience for me... Now I know what I'm talking about when it comes to the Filarmonica...

proxy.php

proxy.php

I suspect that some of you Gents aren't fully aware of JUST HOW TOUGH I am!

Finest German Silver Steel, ivory scales, I think. I removed most of the rust for the photo.

Custom 15 mm loft 6 band porcupine brush in Siamese Oak, coupled with fresh lemon scented canned goop. I know the brush looks spectacular, but I prefer a little more backbone. This one is kind of floppy.

Dollar General body spritz.

I find that I really enjoy a little scritch and a gentle burn from my post-shave treatment.

20210114_210758.jpg

I suspect that some of you Gents aren't fully aware of JUST HOW TOUGH I am!

Finest German Silver Steel, ivory scales, I think. I removed most of the rust for the photo.

Custom 15 mm loft 6 band porcupine brush in Siamese Oak, coupled with fresh lemon scented canned goop. I know the brush looks spectacular, but I prefer a little more backbone. This one is kind of floppy.

Dollar General body spritz.

I find that I really enjoy a little scritch and a gentle burn from my post-shave treatment.

View attachment 1208712
Well, this is to be recommended to the Navy Seals for their selection process !

African Blackwood Ralf Aust 5/8” Round point
Tabac soap puck
Simpson Classic 1 SiLVERTiP
Matt Ceramic lather bowl
Westholme Shell Cordovan & Linen Strop
Ardennes Coticule La Nouvelle Vein
Thayers WH & Nivea Balm

E5FFE38E-76DD-44D9-9028-73183EADD2A6.jpeg

Maiden voyage for the CL1 SiLVERTiP. Definitely a keeper.

Last edited:
Top Bottom