What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Cadman razor looks like the type of razor issued to the troops in the first war. The lady I bought it from told me that it had been referred to as "Grandad's first world war razor", she couldn't understand why it had someone else's name on the box. Of course, when I received the razor I saw that the box looked like it was from the '60s or '70s and certainly not 1914 or so.
I did mean UK troops the US army was rather more up to date.

IMG_20200913_173018.jpg

Last edited:
You got #1? I bought #2. Should be here on Friday. Your picture has me stoked.
I love that TI it's beautiful, but me being a newbie i have to ask, is it normal for the washers to be split like that on the pins? Reason i ask is the frameback i posted the other day has a loose pivot pin and the razor has no washers inner or outer, just pins and everything i have tried always works loose after just one shave. Which makes it very cumbersome to hone or strop. I guess my next step is to just replace the pins and add collars and washers?

"it normal for the washers to be split like that on the pins?"
I'm thinking that may be part of the whole "French" thing. I'll have to look at some other razors in my collection. Worst case scenario is that a trip to Rhode Island would be necessary.😉

"it normal for the washers to be split like that on the pins?"
I'm thinking that may be part of the whole "French" thing. I'll have to look at some other razors in my collection. Worst case scenario is that a trip to Rhode Island would be necessary.😉
Love that razor indeed! Just wondering if this is what i need to do to my frameback to make it more user friendly. At the moment it's my fav in my very small lot of razors just kinda a pain to strop being so loose. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Only thing i haven't tried yet is a nail set because the pins are super short.

Top Bottom