What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

The Famous Toledo Blade Radium Steel Extra Hard
5/8, 1/4 hollow
This is a sweet old razor made a few miles from me in Toledo, Ohio. I've always found the inscription interesting, it was made in the middle of the radium marketing boom. Trust me, it's not radioactive. I checked!
0812202114~2.jpg

Tonight's shave was bad. Really really bad, and I'm a f'ing idiot.

6/8" blades grim straight. So I've used this a handful of times maybe 7 times and the edge is dull as hell now. I could have had a more comfortable shave with sandpaper. So this razor doesn't seem to hold an edge very well.

Tony Miller steerdovan 3" strop

Lowborn Supply walnut with 26mm TGN silvertip knot. This was my first Lowborn handle and what got me in the rabbit hole loving Lowborn. The knot is still a nice soft knot.

RazoRock mudder focker soap

Crowne and Crane tobacco Amber balm. Holy hell I got balm because I figured since my face was ran through a meat grinder and water burned like hell that the balm would be best and no alcohol so I thought I wouldnt want to slam my fingers in the top of a door just to relieve the pain. Well it's not just alcohol that will make you want to chop your ankle off with a table spoon. Steric acid will as well and since it was in a balm it lasts longer than Pinaud clubman. I'd rather RIP every tooth out of my mouth with pliers then pour a quarter cup of salt in my mouth than make that mistake again.

I should have stopped and grabbed a different razor. Please learn from my idiocracy and dont do what I did.

20200812_211048_compress70.jpg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
This morning's shave was earlier than usual. In fact it was last night.

Yesterday afternoon Samantha, my girl from Bohol island, came to visit me. There is currently no public interisland transport so she hitched a ride on a fishing boat to my island Mactan. It was good to see her again as we have been forced apart for a few months now.

The reason for the evening shave was that Samantha wanted me smooth before affection. Personally I think she just wanted to watch me SR shave. A bit like going to the speedway hoping to see a good crash.

So yesterday evening is was time for my Veneris SR to do its stuff.

IMG_20200814_143432.jpg
Veneris did and, although there was no blood, Samantha was pleased with the result.

Last edited:
PXL_20200814_142649858-01.jpeg

Revisor 7/8”
Arko stick (pucked)
CRV
Pinaud Clubman

First off, this Revisor is simply wonderful.

Today's shave, in the other hand was not. Today was the first time using a pucked stick of Arko and I need practice. Didn't behave the same as when I gave lather with the stick. On top of that, while standing at the sink with lather on my face, I got calls from two of my employees telling me their pay had not been deposited in their accounts. Needless to say the "me time' factor plummeted to zero.

Thank goodness the Revisor is so enjoyable.

View attachment 1139752
Revisor 7/8”
Arko stick (pucked)
CRV
Pinaud Clubman

First off, this Revisor is simply wonderful.

Today's shave, in the other hand was not. Today was the first time using a pucked stick of Arko and I need practice. Didn't behave the same as when I gave lather with the stick. On top of that, while standing at the sink with lather on my face, I got calls from two of my employees telling me their pay had not been deposited in their accounts. Needless to say the "me time' factor plummeted to zero.

Thank goodness the Revisor is so enjoyable.

don't like calls like that for sure!!!!!

hang in there and nice razor!!!!

camo

Top Bottom