What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Sunday Shave 20200809
image.jpg

Razor: Feather SS Artist Club Japanese Straight
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard (6)
Razor: @Blackland Razors Vector
Blade: Schick Proline (8)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Marbled Butterscotch (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Soap: Tallow + Steel West Indies
Post-shave: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Tallow + Steel West Indies
Cologne: G eàu Black Eau de Toilette Spray (clone of Acqua Di Gio Profumo)

WTG & ATG: Feather SS Artist Club Japanese Straight
XTG & Touch-up: @Blackland Razors Vector

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Went for the gusto today and did the WTG and ATG passes with the Feather SS Artist Club Japanese Straight. Smooth and comfortable - no blood-letting. Could have stopped there and been acceptable - somewhere in the CCS+ neighborhood. :)

SOTD: 08.09.2020
Soap: First Line Shave Blue
Aftershave: First Line Shave Blue Aftershave
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Razor: S.R. Droescher Blue Diamond 5/8 Full Hollow
Strop: Tony Miller Old #2(20 linen and 65 leather)
SOTD 08.09.2020.jpg

After 1000+ shaves with a straight razor, this NOS Antique store find is still my favorite and most loved razor. So much so that I have spent a lot of time researching S.R. Droescher and Gram & Plumacher, who is the manufacturer of this fine razor. I'll just say, if you own a razor by either of these names, you should be enjoying some amazing shaves.

Well, it is Arko August.

>Ertan Süer Legend Köroglu 5/8 - typically French high polish, the exotic red staminawood scales, and just a hint of Frenchification of the otherwise round point. But made by a Turk.
>Arko stick
>Custom black walnut/badger stubby
>Hybrid lather - face lather then an overcoat quickly whipped up in Captain's Choice copper

D65BB076-5048-404F-8416-09D4397BB970.jpeg

It may be a very basic package, but I love this razor. It delivers a easy, close shave. And if there is any hype out there for Ertan Süer, I haven't detected it.

Last edited:
E30F7481-D5F2-4573-BFFC-B0B0C2ADC98E.jpeg

First shave with the new modern TI ‘Le Grelot’ this morning. The factory edge passed all of my shave ready tests so I have it a quick balsa progression and put it to work. I went easy keeping follow up strokes to a minimum as I never really trust a factory edge. The result was a very comfortable CCS.

The edge is works well but I don’t think it has reached its full potential just yet. There was a little more resistance in the tough patches than I’m used to. It didn’t cause a problem but you could feel the difference. I will give it the full film progression when I have the time.

I now have three SR’s and each has its own personality and unique cutting sound.

Tonight's shave

Tanifuji Ba'Ba 13/16 Japanese razor this is just a great razor. Constantly delivers superb shaves. It's part of the hell will freeze over before I let this razor go.

Beau Brummel strop. I used this tonight and if you haven't seen it look in the strop section I posted a bunch of pics in the early birthday gift. But the strop is absolutely amazing. I really cannot articulate how nice this strop truly is. Tony Miller makes the best modern strop and this is by far the best vintage strop.

I cannot remember who made this brush. It was a member here. Please forgive me for forgetting. Please speak up because I fully believe in giving credit where credit is due. I love the brush. I love the knot he put in it. The handle is really comfortable.

Razorock Dead Sea soap. Ok to myself and everyone in the house say this soap smells exactly like noxema. But it's a nice soap.

Captains Choice Venture aftershave balm. First time using a balm from Captains Choice and I have to say it's a great balm. I will be buying more of the balms from Captain.

Captains Choice lather bowl. Great bowl. But I need more to have variety. Just because I like variety.

20200810_201712_compress50.jpg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
This morning was the first shave with my new Titan 1918 ACRO T.H.64. It arrived yesterday with a well set bevel so all I had to do was refine the edge on film and diamond pasted balsa strops.

IMG_20200811_105759.jpg
This is my widest (7/8) and heftiest (93g) SR and I quite liked shaving with it. It is also my first with gold plating. Looks good but I'm not sure if it will last. Still needs a little more love on the edge but that will come as I use it and maintain on my 0.1um diamond pasted balsa strop.

SOTD: 08.09.2020
Soap: First Line Shave Blue
Aftershave: First Line Shave Blue Aftershave
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Razor: S.R. Droescher Blue Diamond 5/8 Full Hollow
Strop: Tony Miller Old #2(20 linen and 65 leather)
View attachment 1137465

After 1000+ shaves with a straight razor, this NOS Antique store find is still my favorite and most loved razor. So much so that I have spent a lot of time researching S.R. Droescher and Gram & Plumacher, who is the manufacturer of this fine razor. I'll just say, if you own a razor by either of these names, you should be enjoying some amazing shaves.

That is one of the razors I want. I have been searching but the only ones I've seen on the bay and etsy are either in crap condition or the scales are gasing off and destroyed the blade.

Top Bottom