What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

8-5-2020

Bit of a late shave today.. Spent hours cleaning up after the storm that blew through yesterday..

Thiers-Issard "Le Grelot Like" in Carbonsong
Scrupleworks Vegetable Tanned Horsehide .. 40/60
Palmolive Shave Stick .. remilled to Old Spice mug
Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger
Bloc Osma .. as a proof
Thayer's Witch Hazel .. Rose
Pinaud's Clubman Splash

The T-I finished on mt SRD Escher. This and my labeled Escher could have lived next to each other in the mine. The M&F is not from the collaboration.. I call it a real Blonde Badger, from the days one hasd to deal with Lee Sabini on everything.
I had intended to take the T-I to the 20K Gokumyo after this shave, but the shave was so keen and smooth, i decided to leave it "as is"

proxy.php

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
Outstanding shave this morning. It was my 15th shave (ever) with a straight razor.

Did my noggin with Carbon Shaving‘s CX-316L razor and Personna MedPrep blade.

Love Southern Witchcrafts lather. One of the very best in the industry. And their Samhain scent is unique as heck. It’s growing on me more and more. Their “splash” is alcohol-free and milky white in color. Probably the best AS splashes I’ve tried. No sting, great toning (has witch hazel), and a strong scent that lasts throughout the day.

It suddenly became a better day.

Razor: W H Morley
Lather: Southern Witchcraft’s “Samhain”
Balm: Soap Commander “Integrity“ (Unscented)
Splash: Southern Witchcraft”s “Samhain”
Brush: WCS Beacon (silvertip)
Bowl: Captains Choice (Large)

DD1E30BA-CDDC-42F7-B568-426F467BE12A.jpeg

9AE383D4-5898-4E86-9DF5-9DB57C27201C.jpeg

Second shave with the new MK31 this morning. I like this razor. It has a very hollow grind, takes a wicked edge and makes a really cool cutting sound. I’m getting used to the lighter feel of it now. The slightly shorter blade has its advantages and I’m liking the muted square point. I wouldn’t mind trying an MK32 at some point too. This razor acquisition game is a slippery slope...

The spares have been polished up, coated in Renaissance Wax and stored away. It looks like this may be the only one of the set that has seen any action.

Top Bottom