What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

IMG_20200725_134258-01.jpeg

Joseph Smith
MWF
Mojo Handcrafts
4711 EdC

This week’s razor is the Böker Arbolito 5/8. I’ve understood that this razor no longer is in production. It differs from other modern Böker razors in having a more hollow grind. In both shape and grind it very much resembles the ultra hollow Solingen razors that were made at the beginning of the 1900’s. Like most of those razors it has no jimps. Another similarity is that people have written about their worries that the very thin blade will be worn down fast and that it’s more expensive than other razors of the same size. In my opinion it’s a fantastic shaver.

I’ve been shaving with the Sapofinico Varesino Cosmo shaving soap. It is indeed more expensive than most shaving soaps, but it’s also among those few soaps that I personally would say have reached perfection. What I’ve missed is a matching scent, but this week I finally realised that it’s a perfect match with Truefitt&Hill 1805. I’ve got too many razors and too many scents. I find it much easier to reduce the number of perfume bottles than the number of razors.

I wish you all a very good week.

Böker Arbolito.jpg

7-26-2020

EIKO YSK.2
Kanayama #3 .. 40/60
Wickham's 1912 .. Le Bleu
Shavemac DO1 Two Band
Thayer's Witch Hazel .. Rose
Hugo Boss EdT

The EIKO razor finished on the Ookudo Green Asagi, which I'm using, and liking more and more.. Hard soaps throw their hands up in surrender at the sight of the Shavemac DO1...

proxy.php

Today's shave: Joseph Rodgers
IMG_20200726_103924-01.jpeg

Joseph Rodgers Celebrated India Steel
MWF
CRV
Old Spice Classic

Had some trouble with Da Fat yesterday so did a practice lather last night and then went for the gusto again today. Yesterday's lather was drying on my face and based on today's use, I think I was actually using too much water. Great results today. Still loving MWF.

Top Bottom